Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

on the doomside

now for some doom news. with the bombing you can expect new york to be a freak'n zoo. even more so with internet and servers. So i dout i would be able to use any ftp based in new york. however My computer is down for now for repairs and i am now useing my server until i replace the powersupply, also WTF!!! is with gas! $5.00 a fucking gallon tomarrow!!

Same here. I think it might be up in New York to gain more money for relief efforts, but I'm not positive.

You'd think with so many less cars to drive the demand would be down. Panicy imbeciles.

I hear that gas is peaking $7 a gallon in Kansas. I can vouch that in SW Michigan its gone up at least 50 cents a gallon at every station.

Except for one station. As soon as this started going down the sand monkey that owns it ran outside and added $1.50 to the price of his gas. No one has bought any from him since it happened, fucking cocksucker.

I'm amazed that most people I meet in the Real World© don't let themselves care that much... it sickens me. All over the net and on the TV I see a lot of compassion, the way it should be. At work, though, there are a lot of people that are just fucking bloodthirsty over this... and truthfully, I cannot blame them in the least.

If someone kicks you in the balls when you're not expecting it you kick them right in theirs but twice as hard so they don't do it again.

I'm amazed that most people I meet in the Real World© don't let themselves care that much... it sickens me.

Well what do you expect? I worked on Millennium today, and continued burning my music collection to backup CDRs. People aren't just gonna drop everything they're doing to worry - the worry does no good if it isn't put to use. Nobody's gonna just sit and either watch the news or reflect on the situation all day. If you can't directly help, then you should just move on. People have to move on like normal if they're gonna keep this from further setting the nation back in it's daily affairs. I'm not saying not to help if the chance comes up, but if they don't have a chance to do anything to help, there's no point in putting off anything else they have to do. Going about your daily business should be top priority. Show them they can't bring the country to a stop. I still go on like normal, but believe me if the chance to offer direct help came up I'd drop whatever I was doing and go help.

I expect everyone to go on with their lives and I am seeing that.

What I am not seeing is a fucking shred of compassion and that is what's sickening me. No one really seems to fucking care, everyone I talk to about it seems to have a, "Yeah, so?" attitude towards it.

If something like this happened in Russia we wouldn't be dancing in the streets, we would be offering to fly in special equipment to help them sort through the rubble. I very much doubt that as many Americans as outsiders are right now would take the act as an excuse to insult and degradate the injured country in any way they could. It is fucking petty.

What I am not seeing is a fucking shred of compassion and that is what's sickening me.

OK, my misundering. I agree with the rest of that. I suppose downplaying it is one way for people to handle it. If it keeps them from worsening the situation, well I guess I can go with seeing lack of compassion as opposed to hate crimes. As long as people keep their cool one way or the other I think it's best that way, but you're right it kinda makes you wonder. My only guess is they either have no grasp on the seriousness and impact of the situation on the whole nation and not just New York, or they just don't care about the human race in general.

I think people are afraid to show how they really feel about this in the 'real world' because, to use some bad wording; it's not cool. You just feel that such talk is inappropriate.
However, on the net, you're anonymous, nobody can point their fingers at you an laugh because you admit that you're scared of this whole situation, and that you're sad because of all the lives lost or whatever. So, while the world goes cold on the situation, people goes online and gets emotional in public there, where nobody really know who you are, and what you say really doesn't have any consequenses.