Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fatman

what your favorite anime show

I know what you mean, man. I mentioned anime to someone and the first thing that came to his mind was the freaky tentacle shit. >=Q

Really unfortunate, IMO.

BTW, I saw a DVD set for freakin Speed Racer the other day...just kinda struck me as funny(yeah man, it's all about DIGITALLY REMASTERED{tm} Speed Racer).

=P

Man, I was watching Ghostbusters on Teletoon. And I must say, it doesn't age as well as say, Transformers. Come to think of it, the quality of the video in Transformers (minus some animation glitches, nothing's perfect) far surpassed anything that came out back then. Man, I can't belive how many 80s toons (except Transformers) re-use the animation over and over again. I've must've seen He-Man punch the screen a billion times.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Well, let's see.... I hate Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon,.... oh? Animes we LIKE? Ok...
Mobile Suit Gundam, Dragonball/Z (Haven't seen GT yet, and after Frieza died, DBZ is starting to get stupid),.... Big O? Alright, I guess. Appleseed, baby! (Basically the only 'mature' anime I've seen) Umm... Cowboy BeBop sounds cool,.. sadly, I can't remember Transformers. Now we're stuck with these crappy new versions on Fox Kids (aka: KKK: Krapola Kiddy Kartoons). Tenchi Muyo... I never eally got into that. Oh. And Speed Racer was hilarious with the terrible lip-sync and all, but it kicked butt. I still wanna see Macross, and maybe some Robotech. Heh. I love giant 'bots kickin' each other around.

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 the whole way for me!!!

I second that! Still have to find episode 25 dubbed... (I have the subtitled version, going up tomorrow).

And Transformers: Robots in Disguise is awesome! No matter what anyone says. And for you generation 1 fans, DVD box sets are coming out starting January, when season 1 will be released.

Dragonball/Z (Haven't seen GT yet, and after Frieza died, DBZ is starting to get stupid)

are you kidding? considering it took a million episodes for Namek to blow up, I'm suprised DBZ didn't lose their fan base waiting for Frieza to die. The Cell saga was when it started to get damn interesting...

I need a translator from my language to English of all the character names of DBZ. I watched DBZ ended 4 years ago.

I still wanna see Macross, and maybe some Robotech. Heh. I love giant 'bots kickin' each other around.

Actually... Macross is Robotech. They have the DVD box set out if you have a player for it.

Robotech is the American version of Super Dimension Fortress: Macross in Japan.

Super Dimension Fortress: Macross II and Macross Plus both kick serious ass, and blow the first series away. Kinda like Bubblegum Crisis vs. Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. Still gotta find Macross 7 now.

I've seen:
Vampire Hunter D
Bastard
Ronin Warriors
Akira
Transformers
Street Fighter 2: The animated movie
Macross
Armitage III
Magic Knight Rayearth
Fatal Fury (missed a good chunk of it though)
DBZ, a movie besides the way overrated, often long drawn out BSing TV series.
Voltron but all I remember is two different versions that liked to slash giant monsters in half.

Stuff I'd like to see:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Too bad it was never translated except for some fansubs circulating around. I played the hell out of the PS and DC versions of the game)
Dragon Quest/Warrior
Darkstalkers/Vampire, but not the shitty version.

Stuff that should die:
*mon
Street Fighter (the American made cartoon)
Shitty version of Darkstalkers
I'm tempted to put DBZ here.

I think I saw JoJo's Adventure at my local anime store. 3 volumes of it, subbed. Don't know if they're fan subbed though. Never interested me enough to get it.

Once I get a fast computer I'll be a rippin, that's for sure.

I wanna get just about anything good. Which reminds me, haven't seen Birdy the Mighty or Bastard for a while...

Man, I was watching Ghostbusters on Teletoon. And I must say, it doesn't age as well as say, Transformers. Come to think of it, the quality of the video in Transformers (minus some animation glitches, nothing's perfect) far surpassed anything that came out back then. Man, I can't belive how many 80s toons (except Transformers) re-use the animation over and over again. I've must've seen He-Man punch the screen a billion times.

Bah! G.I. Joe owns j00!

GI Joe never interested me. I guess the whole killing thg put me off. GI Joe is THE ONLY toon I never ever watched. And believe me, I watched EVERYTHING. Name an 80s toon and I've probably seen every ep. Saturday 5am-6pm non stop toons. Those were the days...

Question: Does anyone remember what the Ghostbusters rip off was called? The had it on YTV when the station started. It was actually kinda cool. It's gonna bother me until I remember what it's called...

AARRGH DRAGON BALL=#&()/$&=/($$"!!211111

Ppff, what's all this deal about anime vs western? I said ->animation<- as "lots o' frames per second"

Some anime's have A LOT of animation on screen at a time. You're just used to seeing the crappy anime (Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Digimon). For some reason the simple and stupid animes are more popular with kids than the ones with storylines. No one has taste nowadays.

Another queston about old toons... Does anyone remember the New series of Speed Racer. Not the old superdeformed one, but the new one. It looked like a normal cartoon, not anime. Also, the new series of Johnny Quest was awesome too!

Indeed, that was my point. Anime is a lot more complex than western when it comes to drawing & animation. Ghost in the Shell springs to my mind.

Question: Does anyone remember what the Ghostbusters rip off was called? The had it on YTV when the station started. It was actually kinda cool. It's gonna bother me until I remember what it's called...

Do you mean the one where one of the characters was an ape? I'm sure I remember what you are talking about, but I don't know the name either. If you find it out, let me know.

On a side note, here's a question that follows what Gokuma posted: What anime movie/shows have you seen?

Over the years I have seen (and forgive any mis-spellings) Lensman, Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival, Project A-Ko, Demon City Shinjuku, various parts of Record of Lodoss War, Neon Genesis Evangeleon, Akira, Dominion Tank Police, Cowboy Bebop, the Ninku and YuYu Hakusho movies, Tenchi Muyo (OVA) and it's three movies, Voltage Figher Gokaiser, Sol Bianca, DBZ (and most of it's movies) and parts of DB, Green Legend Ran, Fushigi Yugi, M.D. Geist (I & II), Princess Mononoke, Ghost in the Shell, Wrath of the Ninja, Final Fight, Street Fighter, Galaxy Express 999 (I & II) (I think it was '999'), Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz, Macross Plus, some of Sakura Diaries and Cardcaptor Sakura, Big O, Outlaw Star, most of Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam 8th MS team, Digimon, and some of Shamanic Princess, along with about 15 other movies I can't remember the names to, (it's been too long since I've seen them).

Currently I'm trying to whore out my body so I can get enough money to replace the Doom 2 CD that was stolen from me, but then it's on to more anime!

I'm not sure which Macross I saw.

Anime I actually own:
Um... Transformers DVD

Heh, I forgot to put Disney under stuff that should die. It's unoriginal or plagurized crap that I started hate as a kid when they used more and more lame musical scenes for filler. Know that whole Lion King crap? Well Disney ripped off some Japanese anime called Kimba the White Lion that probably sucks to start with. Color Simba white and you have Kimba. Then Atlantis is the apitomy of plagurism. On some site I saw a side by side comparison of screenshots and its story and that of this ten year old Japanese anime called Nadia something. It was a carbon copy except Disney made most of the characters look goofier. The complete tools at Disney claimed to not have ever seen Nadia before they made Atlantis when someone brought it up. Disney is so powerful they can get away with plagurizing foreign material. The rest of Disney's crap is based on public domain. I think the site that had that Atlantis vs Nadia comparison was newgrounds.com but I'm unable to track down the article.

hmm... anime i own... no dvds unfortunately. but i own these on vhs:

-transformers the movie
-heavy metal
-ninja scroll
-macross plus vol. 1-4
-macross plus the movie
-devil man vol. 1-2
-dangioh the movie (eps 2&3)
-armitage the third
-dark stalkers vol. 1
-ghost in the shell
-super dimensional fortress macross 2
-angel cop the collection
-crystania vol. 1
-street fighter 2 the movie
-spawn

i think that's it. as for what i've seen, too much to mention.