Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

mapinfo (updated)

I'm in the process of setting up the mapinfo .lmp file which I originally intended to change the map name on the automap. Of course, since the time I create a mapinfo lump in the wad, I have to give each map it's original settings manually. The sky, music, special triggers, etc.

As of right now, the map name is changed on the automap and there are no annoying storyline breaks after maps 07, 11, before entering a secret level, etc. These changes will be added the next time I update the zip if all goes well.

Update: After I finished the mapinfo stuff with the 19 maps, everything worked fine until I checked it again later on. Opening it with either Doom2 or ZDoom, the wad wouldn't load. I attempted to open it up with Wintex and I got an endless bad parameter error that forced me to reboot the system.

My modifications went down the drain along with the wad, but the good news is that I created a backup of the original wad before I started.

You should increment every single save you make. foo-001.wad, foo-002.wad... and keep doing it. That way when something goes haywire you'll have a helluva record to track down what went wrong, why, and learn what irritates those programs in the future. =)

You should increment every single save you make. foo-001.wad, foo-002.wad... and keep doing it. That way when something goes haywire you'll have a helluva record to track down what went wrong, why, and learn what irritates those programs in the future. =)

Everything irritates Wintex.

Well I think I did something similar to that. I made seperate lmp files containing the info for a specific map(map1.lmp, map2.lmp...), put them all in the wad one at a time, but then it would begin to look ugly in the entry box:

MAPINFO
MAPINFO
MAPINFO
MAPINFO
(...and so on)

Instead of having 19 MAPINFO's, I created only one containing all the info for each map. After that, I tested out the wad with ZDoom and it worked great, but the next time I tried it out, the entire wad was destroyed.

Nice post count.

NICE TO SEE YOU TOO.