Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomsoldier

God Mode

Yes, but that's extra labour which wastes time.
People would rather add an extra sector, compile the node tree, then make a quick inspection with idclip and iddq....
Then go back to the editor and revamp further.

Whether or not it's "extra labour" depends on the map. The starting position could be far from the sector one's working on. But hey, it was just a suggestion.

(Another thing you can do is add a player 1 start to the section you're working on. When you're done with that section, remove the start)

God mode helps me practice some moves in Doom. When I come across a wad which doesn't allow god mode, I'm ready for action! God mode is very useful when you need it especiall on map 30(Icon of sin).

-Alando1

the last time i used iddqd (i wrote it down): September 28, 1995. I found out the ouch face...never did iddqd again. except to do more ouch faces

Cheating is cheating either way its bad. I wish the cheat codes werent there honestly I find the game boring as hell once I start using them. Ill admit getting stuck sucks but thats why its a game its meant to be challenging

How do you exactly cheat on nightmare?

I use God mode when I get surprised by a moving ceiling or 1 second before a blow I know will kill me. In the later I just use iddqd iddqd.

er, nuts.wad was a pretty good reason to use god mode.
Otherwise, death can be fun.

Well infact there IS a place where "god-mode" is pretty much required...thats in Doom 2 on the map called "suburbs" on the dif. NIGHTMARE...where you go onto a wooden pedistal and grab a key, afterwards tons of enemies spawn together with a pack of ARCHVILES...you cannot beat that map on nightmare without being invincible, which you cant because its nightmare...duh

So I dont believe people that claim that they finished Doom2 on nightmare

EDITED

Wow I just watched the whole deal, and that guy is for real...man that is some dodge skills!

FYI, the current record for the full-game Nightmare run is 29:56, held by Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore.

You'll find a list of the Doom2 movie records here.

The best-known cheated 30nm run is Steffen Winterfeldt's 30nm6520, the first claimed 30nm run, in which he is generally believed to have used slow motion. It is still in the compet-n database for historical reasons. All the other 30nm runs in the database were recorded normally.

The fastest TAS run (openly using slow motion and saves) is Marijo "Sedlo" Sedlic's 30nm1849. BTW, the existance of a TAS run shows that a certain task is physically possible, as everything in it could in principle be done in a normal recording, although possibly requiring an inhuman amount of skill and enough luck to beat astronomical odds.

Oh, and to the people who have mentioned Nuts.wad: it is dead easy. No need for God mode, though you probably do need to pick up at least one invulnerability (I use only one in my 0:45 run). link