Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jespin

Got "Doom artifacts"?

For those who are completely baffled I mean Doom stuff that you can't get anywhere today. (Figures, books, etc.)
I've got something you probably never heard of... Maximum Death for Doom. It contains 1600 additional Doom levels! :P

I've got 2 boxed 3.5" floppies. Each has a picture of the Cacodemon room near the start of E2M6 on the front of the box. Above is the wording "Doom" and below it "where the sanest place is behind a trigger!". The two disks are different, as are the backs of the boxes (both feature different screenshots from Doom - but not necessarily the levels on the disk). The front of each box is the same as the other. The proudly bear marks like "IBM Compatible", "PC Speaker", "VGA", "100% Virus free" etc - but seeing as how they are all just PWADs...

They predate any true Doom internet community. They are basically shovelware (not that you can shovel much onto a 3.5" floppy) and have a bunch of levels trawled from places like the CompuServe action gaming forum. I know that because that's where I uploaded my earliest WADs to and a couple can be found (uncredited, and one slightly altered) on one of the disks. I don't remember where I picked them up. I think it was a local game store.

I have the lost episodes of Doom. In fact, I'm using its accompanying book for a mousepad at the moment.

The origional floppies Doom, Doom II, Heretic. (Doom off of eBay but who cares).

ive got the maximum death levels , got it off ebay brand new for £3.50, thats about 6 dollars US. Its a pretty good collection spanned over 2 cds.

* digs out the box*

" Deathmatch the ultimate game players kit....for Doom , Doom2 and doom thy cash consumed"

the box opens like a book and has pictures of some of the more awful examples of 94-95 wads........

even comes with some early doom editor programmes of which DCK is my favorite. Most of the wads come with batch files.............I miss those old days.

the box claims to have over "7000" levels although this seems a little exagerated.......i dont know for sure where these levels have been sourced from but they each have a text file that looks all too much like the text file that people use for sumitting to /idgames archive..........

... contains , DCK , DeeP, DEHACKED, deutex, dmaud, Dmgraph, dmmusic, nodenav, Rmb and WADED.........

Well, I got 3D Game Alchemy. It is a very good, and exhaustive book on doom editing. Comes with a CD containing hundreds of WADs for Doom, Doom2, Heretic, and Hexen, as well as various tools, including a full version of WadAuthor. I like this book so much, that after the first copy got DESTROYED from being read so much, I went and bought a new copy.

Now, there was a set of Doom levels for sale in a book, they were a replacement for Doom 1 with 3 new episodes:

Massacre on Callisto
The Killing Fields of Io
The Red Spot - Hell's gate

What the heck was this book called?! agh! I really want to buy/DL it and give those maps a shot, they looked neat.

I was, yes. Now I'm in Fallen Angels as the leader pro-tempore (god knows how THAT happened)

i got 2 books with the full version of doom 1 and 2 on floppys. The books explain how to play it (with maps and item locations etc.)

Enjay said:

They predate any true Doom internet community. They are basically shovelware (not that you can shovel much onto a 3.5" floppy) and have a bunch of levels trawled from places like the CompuServe action gaming forum. I know that because that's where I uploaded my earliest WADs to and a couple can be found (uncredited, and one slightly altered) on one of the disks. I don't remember where I picked them up. I think it was a local game store.

Wow, Im happy to see some one else who remembers the good old days of ComuServe. :P Brings back alot of good memories! ;)

Stealthy Ivan said:

Brings back alot of good memories! ;)

Yup, sure does. :D

oh yea i have 2 of those level wad cdroms. Doom 2 ultimate somthing and 10.000 doom levels (it has corridor 7 demo on it)

ive got the book trick of the doom programming gurus, its like 1000 pages of badly done wads, and there total conversion section has aliens, and pacman doom.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I also have a boxed edition of the official DoomII screensaver. "Created for id software" (as the box says) and distributed by GT Interactive.

"Game-like animated sequences of Doom II creatures battle across your screen to save it!"

"4 Exciting modules with ever changing but never-ending, explosive action and sound effects!"

"Works with Windows, After Dark and Norton Desktop."

However, from memory, it's pretty crap.

maggot_army said:

ive got the book trick of the doom programming gurus, its like 1000 pages of badly done wads, and there total conversion section has aliens, and pacman doom.

i got that as pdf format ^_^. They give you funny map tricks though.

I have my earliest memories of playing doom. :)

And if anyone else has that then Get out of my head you sick bastard.

Erm, I have the Doom 2 CD, the Ultimate Doom CD, and the Walkthrough book (complete with diskette) for the Lost Episodes of Doom.

I always thought that the pic on the front of the book meant that there would be a newer, cooler BFG. Alas, I was mistaken :(

I still have the original computer/hard drive and monitor/keyboard/mouse that i played the demo and full version on back in late '93 in the basement of my old house. the keyboard has a messed up "enter" key and other notable key wear (beat up from 100's of hours playing doom/doom2 of course)

Well, I've got Demons Gate (666 new levels/wads what have you) and D!Zone. Nothing really specially. I also have a homemade doom shirt. I took a 4 dollar black long sleeve shirt, bleached it to a nice dried blood color, and wrote DooM with a big smelly marker. It's cute. I should make a new one. Same idea, short sleeves, put ULTRA VIOLENCE on the back. Making shirts is fun.

Oh yeah, I also have the Master Levels of Doom and DoomII. Big compilation of all the old wads onto a CD. Tons of fun way back when

what kind of smelly marker?? :)

anyhoo, i made my own T-Shirt too and its just white, with DooM really big on the front in red perminant marker :))))

I have custom made Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 t-shirts, the Doom 2 screensaver, a Doom 64 poster, all of the Doom novels, all the Reaper miniatures, some misc. level compilations (I think I have one of the D!Zones), and boxes and manuals (And the games) for most of the Doom console ports. I lost my Doom poster that came with SNES Doom (I think) many years ago. :(