Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Higher Game

Doom multiplayer isn't balanced...

myk said:

Ah, he's good with the BFG, splattering you around the map with it, so he's to be derided (in a forum where he likely doesn't even post)? Who's the fool now?

Good with the BFG is getting it as his first weapon and spawn camping with it? Woah, dont I feel like a fool...

Comiclez said:

I was beaten by a BFG lamer, had it been a remotely fair match, there might be more to say.

Unless you don't know where the BFG is in the map, it's a fair match, you have the same chance as him, unless it's against your religion to use a BFG?

Comiclez said:

Good with the BFG is getting it as his first weapon and spawn camping with it? Woah, dont I feel like a fool...

So why didn't you counter attack him? The BFG isn't an almighty weapon by any means, and Spawn camping as you put it is not something that is exactly the easiest thing, unless you played Coop of course.

fodders said:

Unless you don't know where the BFG is in the map, it's a fair match, you have the same chance as him, unless it's against your religion to use a BFG?

Yes, the BFG Quakers : )

kristus said:

So why didn't you counter attack him? The BFG isn't an almighty weapon by any means, and Spawn camping as you put it is not something that is exactly the easiest thing, unless you played Coop of course.

Map 01 isnt the biggest map in the world, and (hypothetically), if both players intend to spawn camp with a BFG, the one that makes the first frag is at the advantage. While I didnt intend to run around the map throwing BFG shots at the guy, he got the first frag, and I was basically playing catch-up the rest of the map, getting mauled by all of the point blank BFG shots.

Comiclez said:

Apparently it sure was good, compared to whatever you did in that map. And if anything is lame, it's shit-talking about someone who beat you in a game (and somewhere else, not to him or where he is.)

Excuses are like assholes... and you seem to be full of them.

What you basically are saying is that you were beaten because he had better tactics and better reflexes than you had.

pritch said:

How you have confused strategy with luck in this instance is beyond me, unless you're saying strategy has no place in deathmatch, which is just bizarre..

Positional advantage matters in CTF, but it doesn't matter at all in deathmatch. The deathmatch guy can just go through the cliff exit instead, which can't be rocketed.

Frags matter. Position doesn't. The first guy to the BFG usually wins. Other than that, it all comes down to SSG duels, especially in 1v1.

myk said:

Apparently it sure was good, compared to whatever you did in that map. And if anything is lame, it's shit-talking about someone who beat you in a game (and somewhere else, not to him or where he is.)

Have I ever said I was a good Deathmatcher? No, I'm just stating what happened in the match, I even said to HIM that he was laming the BFG, and he agreed.

kristus said:

What you basically are saying is that you were beaten because he had better tactics and better reflexes than you had.

yup, basically.

Higher Game said:

Positional advantage matters in CTF, but it doesn't matter at all in deathmatch. The deathmatch guy can just go through the cliff exit instead, which can't be rocketed.

Frags matter. Position doesn't. The first guy to the BFG usually wins. Other than that, it all comes down to SSG duels, especially in 1v1.

Hey man, your message got through, we already know you have no idea what you're talking about, no need to prove it any further.

@Comiclez: Calling someone a BFG lamer/whore is a good way of saying 'I fail Doom DM'.

Belial said:

@Comiclez: Calling someone a BFG lamer/whore is a good way of saying 'I fail Doom DM'.

More appropritately, 'I fail at Zdaemon", which is why I dont play it.

Ok Higher Game, you do not play DM, you do not know HOW to play DM, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you have no idea about anything in this world. That is VERY obvious.

Position is the BIGGEST thing in deathmatch. You convert positional advantages into frags you moron. I suggest you never play deathmatch in any game, you truly have no hope if you believe ANYTHING you've ever written here, you would be greatly wasting your time.

You seem to have an incapability of udnerstanding ANYTHING about how to play, that's just the way it is. Your the guy who plays chess and says "hey, we're tied dude, the pieces are equal!" and then gets checkmated in 2 moves because he doesn't understand any other dynamics of the game.

Actually, I don't even understand why I'm gonna explain this, but anyway here goes... Positional advantage is worth MORE than a frag. Scenario (me and ocelot discussed this for hours one day) Your inside in Map1 with 100% health, your opponent has only SG and is outside, running outside to kill him = big mistake normally. Here is why, you have positional advantage, scrwe the frag... if you go get him, he spawns and takes control, has positional advantage, he WILL frag u, so that's 1-1, and now HE has control of the hallway for when u respawn, ANOTHER positional advantage.

In the start, u had positional advantage, your goal is to maintain it, and get a frag, if you give it away, you get 1 frag, you normally will lose the next battle due to your positional weakness, so that's 1 for 1, and you now your opponent has positional advantage that he MAY be able to turn into multiple respawn frags, and keep advantage... so you went from having the advantage to blundering it to your opponent for some frags. I choose positional advantage over frags in many situations.

There are other details here I left out, that have mostly been calculated and tested, if anyone wishes to get into a huge discussion with me, we can do it.