Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr8

About secrets detection

Some secrets are detectable only with the idclip cheat.
I'm thinking about Doom maps like:

Map15 Industrial Zone (up the stairs on the south west batiment)
Map27 Monster Condo (in the secret bassement in the impaled marines room)
Map26 Bunker (Putonia) in the water room
In fact, each time the secret is placed on a warp...

I may have forgot some...

What is your way to play with that ?

You use the idclip cheat to have them or just past your way
and leave the level without having those secrets ?

Doomers law §31.45 If you Can't get to the secret without lowering yourself to cheating, the secret is not valid and thus, should be ignored.

Doomers law §31.47 If ex. only 2\3 secrets are findable in a map (without cheats), 66% secrets shalt count as 100%

Btw, i think all the secrets in doom are findable; but then again, i mostly play pwads. Try watching some Compet-n demos to see how to access them.

:)

Doomers law §31.45 If you Can't get to the secret without lowering yourself to cheating, the secret is not valid and thus, should be ignored.

Doomers law §31.47 If ex. only 2\3 secrets are findable in a map (without cheats), 66% secrets shalt count as 100%

Btw, i think all the secrets in doom are findable; but then again, i mostly play pwads. Try watching some Compet-n demos to see how to access them.

Give me a full copy of your DOOMERS LAW BOOK please ! ;)
Anyway, it's a little bit frustrating to know there's a secret "here" and you can't "pick it up"...

It reminds me when I played old version of Doom
(when there's no message when you detect a secret)
I've wasted too many time trying to get 100% secrets for each level...
Now I play with Zdoom and I like that (too much maybe...)
When it says "A secret is revealed", it's gratificating !

Heh, sexy post...

BTW, I don't want to sound stupid or anything, but have any of you heard Pantera - Mouth for War, the one part IS exactly like e3m1's song, did they get it from that song?

Um, you confuse me. And it's not just that it's easy to confuse me on friday. ;P

map15 - secret stairway? you're talking about the building with the blue key, the map, and the secret level, right? i only remember one stairway in there, and it's needed to complete the level. about secrets, there is a secret area with a plasma gun and a cell. you press a switch on one battiment, and have to fall back down, and run to the elevator.

map 27 - 2 basements in that room (that i know of). one that leads to the exit (with the teleporter and an arch-vile), one that's a secret that teleports you to the balcony where the pain elementals come out of (with the bfg). there are 2 switches. one opens one secret, one opens the other secret.

the only real "secret" i couldn't figure out was the secret exit on map 07. but that's of course a deathmatch exit (which i didn't know at the time!) and is only available in multiplayer.

well in map27 you can get that secret!!!! it just takes some practice. I have always goten 100% secrets on map27