Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Hacking GBA Doom

Ever wanted to hack doom on the GBA? Well, here is your change

http://home.houston.rr.com/svkaiser/Doom/gbadhack.zip
This includes everything you might need to hack GBA Doom, included is documentation on importing a custom level, texture, or sprite into gbadoom.

note, rom is NOT included

Have fun

what still needs to be done:

Getting GBADMAKE to reconize custom lumps for the Mobj Frame and Thing definitions wihtout having the user use a hex editor.

Sound table editor

Faster importing for Lmpmake

This is cool. Any chance of getting a zip of any of the PSX or Jaguar resources? It's tedious extracting them with Jagedit.

heh I can't stand the colors on gba Doom2, the engine isn't all that great either. Plus that being on a different engine, it would be impossible to figure it out.

You fool! Somethings were not meant to be tampered with!!! You'll see... You'll see when you see a GBA demon spill GREEN blood!

Technician said:

All you have to do is tweak the pallet and BOOM! red blood.

Yeah, but then every sprite, texture, and flat that happens to use that range of green will now be red.

easy

import it from doom, or export it and use XWEs feature of pallete editing to just the monsters.

the palette has nothing to do with green blood. You have to actually extract the sprite data (its the lump named '.' that follows the actual sprite lump). Unfortuently I don't have any tools to convert gba sprites, but you can convert a sprite to gba sprite. I have the instructions to convert a raw file to gba doom sprite in the documentation. Just extract the sprites from your PC doom wad.

Also please avoid using xwe, it hates the gbadoom wad.

Kaiser said:

Also please avoid using xwe, it hates the gbadoom wad.

I'm gonna have to side with XWE on this one; it has good cause to hate it. Besides shits and giggles... why would you do this? We all want portable Doom, but gbadoom is not the way to go imo.