Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cypher

What is the story behind your Doomworld Forums Screen Name?

I just thought of Cypher like that book (never read it) and used that for my Screen name. What about the rest of you?

"Lord Dimwit FlatHead the Excessive, the great-great-great-great-grandson of King Duncanthrax, ruled the Great Underground Empire from 770 GUE to 789 GUE. He was the seventh king of the FlatHead Dynasty, coming to the throne after Mumberthrax, and before Loowit. Born in 723 GUE, Dimwit was Mumberthrax's firstborn, and grew up as heir to the throne of Quendor. A tad spoiled, little Dimwit was fond of torturing his nannies in the Egreth Castle dungeon.

Lord Dimwit's vanity was surpassed only by his outrageous sense of proportion. For example, his coronation took 13 years to plan (and therefore took place two-thirds of the way through his reign), lasted an additional year and a half, and cost 12 times the Empire's GNP. This incredible ceremony quickly earned him the nickname Lord Dimwit FlatHead the Excessive. More evidence of his excessiveness came in 783 when, on a whim, he ordered the erection of Flood Control Dam #3, an underground project whose uselessness (it never rains underground!) and its cost (37 million zorkmids!) did not diminish its magnificence. He also had huge granola smelters built near the Antharian Granola Mines of Plumbat. "

-- Encyclopedia Frobozzica

Lament for my cock
Sore and crucified
I seek to know you.
Acquiring soulful wisdom,
You can open walls of mystery,
Stripshow.

How to acquire death in the morning show.
TV death which the child absorbs
Deathwell mystery which makes me write
Slow train, the death of my cock gives life.

Forgive the poor old people who gave us entry
Taught us god in the child's prayer in the night.
Guitar player,
Ancient wise satyr,
Sing your ode to my cock.

Caress its lament,
Stiffen and guide us, we frozen.
Lost cells,
The knowledge of cancer,
To speak to the heart
And give the great gift:
Words
Power
Trance

This stable friend and the beasts of his zoo,
Wild haired chicks,
Women flowery in their summit,
Monsters of skin.
Each color connects to create the boat which rocks the race.
Could any hell be more horrible than now and real?

I pressed her thigh and death smiled.

Death, old friend,
Death and my cock are the world.
I can forgive my injuries in the name of
Wisdom
Luxury
Romance

Sentence upon sentence
Words are healing lament
For the death of my cock's spirit
Has no meaning in the soft fire.
Words got me the wound and will get me well,
If you believe it.

All join now and lament for the death of my cock
A tongue of knowledge in the feathered night.
Boys get crazy in the head and suffer,
I sacrifice my cock on the altar of silence.

-Jim Morrison,
from "American Prayer

Ever seen Fight Club? The "I am Jack's Foo" paradigm has become my signature. And my name's not even Jack. "IMJack" is a straightforward (and really fairly sad) bastardization, because BlazeBoard doesn't allow spaces in member names.

My sig? The "Lord of Blood" bit comes from a story I'm trying to write. The "not as retarded" bit came from the "title" that Ling was so gracious to bestow upon me.[/sarcasm] The rest comes from one of my replies some time back.

...Zaldron is a perfect home-defense system. Always a good choice, the earlier you grab Zaldron the better.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

eh, if i could actually remember stuff that happened 6 years and 3 months ago, i'd tell you why i chose this nick.

I have no real reason for my name, other than I LOVE to swim. My sig, comes from the show "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" It's a hilarious show. Comes on ADULT SWIM on Cartoon Network on Sundays and Thursdays.

The HOLE OF JUSTICE is where the Hall of Justice crammed all of the defective heroes.

THE JUSTICE HOLE
STAND BY FOR SUPER CREDITS

Happens at the very END of the episode I was watching. It should be on tonight, go watch it.

<-- Shortened version of my real screen name which is OrioN-X-NaVaS which not only sounds cool, but looks cool. Nope no other reason to have it other than that.

I've been pronouncing Linguica wrong all these years... =\
/me practices lin-gwee-sah, lin-gwee-sah, yes I think I finally got it now lin-gwee-kah... shit...

<-- Shortened version of my real screen name which is OrioN-X-NaVaS which not only sounds cool, but looks cool.

No it doesn't. You fail it. Your skill is not enough etc.

<-- Shortened version of my real screen name which is OrioN-X-NaVaS which not only sounds cool, but looks cool.

No it doesn't. You fail it. Your skill is not enough etc.

Ack, that's comming from someone named after a crappy nu - metal band. -barf- =]

elbryan - main character in r. a. salvatore's demon saga series.

42 - the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

before that (before doomworld) i was using vassago, the devil incarnate from dean koontz's hideaway, but all of my friends hated it. :(

I just thought of Cypher like that book (never read it) and used that for my Screen name.

Oh. I originally thought you got it from The Matrix.

My name's straightforward.

Well at least you're not threatening to leave like last time.

Anyway...

Zeratul = Protoss character from Starcraft
982 = (9 = day of birth; 82 = year of birth (1982))

Why? Don't ask, because I don't know.

Hmm. Let's see.

Back in ye olde days when I first started using online stuff, I needed a name. I was heavily into Iron Maiden then, (still am to a certain extent) so I took one of the lead singers (Bruce Dickinson) nick names, which was 'the Air Raid Siren' cos he screams rather loudly, and I nicked it. My orginal screen name was actualy 'AirRaidSiren' but I shortened it before I registered here.

Well....there's this game, called Doom. Some of you may have heard of it before, or even gone so far as to have played it. Well, in doom, there's this thing called the Archvile. It can kill you. And raise things from the dead.

And as for the 64...it used to be 46 (my soccer number), but then I was banned so I just re-registered with a 64 instead.

I just thought of Cypher like that book (never read it) and used that for my Screen name.

Hmm... I always thought it was the supposed last name of the lead character in the Sword of Truth novels. Richard soon found out his real last name is Raul instead of Cypher. Great series, new book, Pillars of Creation is out on the 20th!

ZALDRON THE SAGE
Rating:***

Heh, he has the highest amount of stars...

VALANA THE BARD
Rating:**

*LAME JOKE*
Liam's girlfriend???

"You don’t have to be Portuguese to love Linguica..." <--So true

BIGBADGANGSTA

I dont remember...OH! Cause somebody took the nick I wanted...

Dan + Anarchy = Danarchy, thus I am the Danarchist.

I would have picked a name like the_Danarchist or something, but I remember vaguely about wrestling with the registration process, so it ended up as danarchist somehow.

Other names Ive used:
silent_bob: Because people tell me I remind them of Silent Bob (I think you all know who he is).
Belial: Coolest demon name ever...used to use this when I was in my friend's FPS clan, FOE...there was [FOE]God, [FOE]Belial, and [FOE]TinkyWinky. Don't ask.
Wyvern_14: THis was from back in Junior High. Wyvern is an awesome sounding word, and 14 was my lucky number back in the day.

My sig is self explanitory, seing as how I reference my quotes, but click on the link periodicaly to see awesome sites.

I'm Liam and I like to write stories and epic poems. So I'm a Bard.

I hear there's another Liam the Bard who plays Ultima online.

My name is Ralph. Ralph IS god. Therefor, Ralphis.

That's not how it really happened, I forget how I thought of it

ZALDRON THE SAGE
Rating:***

Heh, he has the highest amount of stars...

Yeah, that's the best heroe in the low range. I almost never got to hire the higher ones cause you need fame for that, and destroying villages with meteor showers isn't exactly a way to archieve fame. ^_^

BIGBADGANGSTA

I dont remember...OH! Cause somebody took the nick I wanted...

Wich was?