Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
silent_killa

millennium?

Sounds like an important MOD to the community, any screenies?

I dont think theres any screenies for the public eye...I have seen some though, but I WILL NOT SAY A WORD CAUSE I SWORE TO LÜT!!!

I've seen better than lame screenies :P :P :P :P

Although, I'm still waiting for that second beta...you know, the one where that bug prohibiting me from playing that awesome last city level is fixed...

Mellinium looks pretty cool. Those screenies look kinda like the Downtown that never was, actualy more spaceport-like. I'll probably download it whenever it's ready.

As Lüt said, he wants to do to the city what Chris Lutz did to the E1 levels in P:AR

silent_killa, long time no see.

We used to DM once in a while on doomserv, I went by the name of slipknot, I think...remember?

I quit doom, and about a year later, got back to it and played a lot, but you were never on DS. Oh well. I've sinced retired, I have a new computer. Doomed-out, I suppose. Put a hell of a lot of time into it.

I myself got a knew computer too slippy=) I stopped playing doom until I d/ed the open gl version of Zdoom. I remebered that we were DS buddies, we always played Co-op together, not DM=)

Great to seeya bud.

Although, I'm still waiting for that second beta...

Me too. The the current Millennium exe I have likes to crash all sounds during gameplay. It would work fine for a while and then everything would all of a sudden go mute, and I mean everything.

Me too. The the current Millennium exe I have likes to crash all sounds during gameplay. It would work fine for a while and then everything would all of a sudden go mute, and I mean everything.

Huh, mine doesn't work at all because of mother fucking allegro.

What kind of ports does millenuim support?

It has its own engine, based on boom/MBF.

Boom never did implement look up/down, and I don't think MBF did, either. Although you could set the X and Y senitivity to separate values. So you can turn using this mouse, and not worry about drifting forward or backward.

As Lüt said, he wants to do to the city what Chris Lutz did to the E1 levels in P:AR

Well, I said I was gonna do that with my Freedoom level, not necessarily the Millennium maps.

Me too.

AGH#*$@

I'll be posting revisions of the first 6 levels soon but there won't be an updated engine for a while.

Boom never did implement look up/down, and I don't think MBF did, either.

Yeah, well we fixed that ;)

Milenuim

Do you mean [/b]Millennium[/b]?

OMFG! DooMBoy spelled Millennium right! Holy fuck! PRAY TO GOD, THE END IS NEAR!!!!

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

I'd say this is the first time DoomBoy's title has been used to his advantage.

Hey Lüt, make sure if you do get Millennium released you do a proper credits file and stuff. These newbies have no idea who made it all (At least 20 people I'd say)!!

I started Millennium literally over 3 years ago I think. The sad part is it's pretty much done, it just never got released. It kicks arse though :-)

Oh so you're still alive huh?

I think there's well over 20 been involved now, not counting beta testers :P

The only thing is that everybody wants to replace Joe's weapons and Stian's sprites so that'll knock the credits down by two, although I guess they could still go under contributors category.

You lost the original documentation anyways right? I'm pretty sure I got all the credits covered but send me a list of people anyways, if you're worried I'll forget somebody.

Well, I said I was gonna do that with my Freedoom level, not necessarily the Millennium maps.

You've been coming pretty damn close so far.

I think there's well over 20 been involved now, not counting beta testers :P

But I'm the coolest out of all of them :P

The only thing is that everybody wants to replace Joe's weapons and Stian's sprites so that'll knock the credits down by two, although I guess they could still go under contributors category.

I have everyone's name in the credits pic. At least all those guys shown on the member's area...

I was wondering myself. Those screens look pretty nice. I wonder wich one will be finished first, Millennium, Daedalus or Skull Tag. I'm waiting for all of them.
!

LOL daedalus getting finished, now THATS comedy (no offense ty)

EDIT:This really should be in the WADS and MODS forum as well, there, buddy :)

This is a doom general forum. It's generally about anything doom you want to talk about. So why don't you shut your trap and make your way over the Politics and Religion forum if you want to whine.

I was wondering myself. Those screens look pretty nice. I wonder wich one will be finished first, Millennium, Daedalus or Skull Tag. I'm waiting for all of them.
!

LOL daedalus getting finished, now THATS comedy (no offense ty)

Well, it was supposed finnish in year 2000 (that's why it was Doom2000 before). The excuse is that Zdoom 1.23 isn't finished yet. Just wondering how long is that going to take. Well, skull tag is promised to get finished this year.

BTW, Daedalus starts where Icarus ended. Are these names somehow connected?

Yes, they both end in "us".

"LOL daedalus getting finished, now THATS comedy (no offense ty)"

AFAIk Daedalus is finished. just waiting for the final 1.23 of zdoom.

Icarus was the spacecraft you were in in icarus. Daedalus is I beleive the spacecraft the demons own in Daedalus.

It's Greek mythology: Daedalus was Icarus's father. Daedalus invented wax wings; Icarus took 'em for a test drive and wrecked into the ocean.

(BTW, I know that's not really the way it goes, but it's a good enough summary without me sounding like a twat.)

So what are the improvements? Any screenies?

Download some of the betas and find out. There's 29 of 'em.