Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

deepbsp.exe is very fast, it's suspicious a little

deepbsp.exe from free version of DeePsea builds nodes very quickly. Much more faster then bsp-w32.exe and ZenNode.exe. Speed of building is equal to zdbsp. I assume it can be based on sources of zdbsp which is GNU software. Can it be checked somehow?

I think it was two or three years ago that Deep/Jack had a couple of threads about his nodes builder. I think he said he wrote it all himself. A forum search for "deep" and "deepbsp" might yield the answer for sure.

I do love the speed and thoroughness of it.

I do love the speed and thoroughness of it.

Really. I can't force my first level from e6y_2.wad to work without HOMs even on start area with zdbsp even in hard slow modes of building. But it works perfectly with deepbsp as with zennode which I used, but deepbsp is much faster. Hmm... Never knew about that. Does deepbsp work without known issues?

Please, Entryway, WE ALL KNOW that deep has stolen things, and the Risen3D scandal proved it. Please, don't open this can of GNU/Worms.

So, after some tests it is safe to say that deepbsp is original. Only one open question remains for me. About potential bugs in nodes built by this really fast and thorough nodebuilder.

doom2day said:

What Risen3D scandal?

you don't remember that? that was one of the best dramawars in history.

I have never noticed any nodes bugs in my maps. However my maps do tend to be simple and without all that much detail so they can run easily with vanilla. It builds the nodes for them in about .25 seconds if my memory serves.

I've never tried crunching a really detailed map with it.

edit:typo

Csonicgo said:

you don't remember that? that was one of the best dramawars in history

with happy end

entryway said:

Really. I can't force my first level from e6y_2.wad to work without HOMs even on start area with zdbsp even in hard slow modes of building. But it works perfectly with deepbsp as with zennode which I used, but deepbsp is much faster. Hmm... Never knew about that. Does deepbsp work without known issues?

Tell me, what doesn't work about that level with ZDBSP? I rebuilt the nodes and tried it in ZDoom and PrBoom but didn't encounter any problem.

Graf Zahl said:

Tell me, what doesn't work about that level with ZDBSP? I rebuilt the nodes and tried it in ZDoom and PrBoom but didn't encounter any problem.

It works in ports of course. Nodes are correct, but I speak about DOOM2.EXE and its limits. How should I build my levels (with which options) in zdbsp to avoid big HOMs in vanilla even in starting area of map01?

Csonicgo said:

you don't remember that? that was one of the best dramawars in history.

I had a couple periods of inactivity.
Any links regarding this drama?

Im curious about that drama too, I like jack, always handy to have on your side in an argument.

Do a search for that user and that subject and you will be live on it in moments. It just isn't all that hard.