Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

so taboo

I didn't say that the middle east is better than the US in any way. I am just comparing to where I live (Sweden).

And yes I would rather take the beating than pulling the trigger unless I was 100% confident that I would not risk killing the attacker, he'll get his punishment later.

Last time I checked, getting shot in the leg didn't result in instant death...

...Well, I guess you could bleed to death...

Um... I'm glad I live in Canada. I can't even fathom owning a gun... evil.

On a similar note: About 9/11. We lost. It was a test. It was to see how we'd react. Violence is NOT the answer. If the US would've found a more peaceful way to solve the situation than retaliating (not saying I have any ideas), sure, a lot of innocent people would die. But on the other hand, the fighting will eventually stop. When one opposing side has nothing to fight, they give up.

Fighting violence with violence only causes more violence.

It's still a weapon. It doesn't matter how it's used. It was MADE to kill. Just because you don't use it to kill doesn't mean other people won't.

It generally doesn't. And considering my weapon of choice is a .22 caliber pistol...I could probably unload the entire magazine into someone and it still be nonlethal.

Goddamn, if you're 130 cm tall and would pull that gun on me. I'd think it was a toy or something :P

And if you hit something vital it won't matter much if it's .22 or .45...

Just because you don't use it to kill doesn't mean other people won't.

Just because you don't use cars to kill people doesn't mean other people won't. You know, if you want to get right down to it, people can use anything as a weapon. Pencil? Weapon. Common kitchen knife? Weapon. What should we do? Put people in white padded rooms where they can't find anything to use as weapons? People, the evil doesn't come from the gun, but from the person who pulled the trigger. That means that guns should be in the hands of responsible people, not murderers and children. That's why there is age verification and gun licensing. Sure, it doesn't always work, but incidences like those are, in the grand scheme of things, few and far between.

Besides, just because you may be responsible, doesn't mean the guy next to you is. And what about defense? Would you really prefer us to be pacifists against heartless killers? Especially in light of what just happened to our country on Sep 11???

You say that, but, a high-velocity .22 is only going to leave a .22-caliber hole straight through any vital organs I hit, assuming I hit any. So you won't really be in bad shape unless you don't get any medical attention for awhile (an hour or so).

Hey, it looks goofy but it's extremely effective. It's not so much that I want to hurt anyone, but gunfire is loud and the sound and fury of a gun, whatever caliber, going off is enough to scare away most attackers. I should know. ^_^

Heh, I could live without a .22 diameter hole through my heart. Anyway, I'll shut up now, you're obviously in love with your gun =)

The sad but true fact is, that giving the # of guns owned and fired by U.S. citizens, they bloody failed to qualify for the Olympics in the shooting section !!!

You say that, but, a high-velocity .22 is only going to leave a .22-caliber hole straight through any vital organs I hit, assuming I hit any. So you won't really be in bad shape unless you don't get any medical attention for awhile (an hour or so).

Hey, it looks goofy but it's extremely effective. It's not so much that I want to hurt anyone, but gunfire is loud and the sound and fury of a gun, whatever caliber, going off is enough to scare away most attackers. I should know. ^_^

Question?

Is it true that in Texas you can carry small firearms as long as it's unconcealed? My father went to Texas on a buisness trip for the military a few years back and was kinda freaked to see Hispanic guys carrying guns and holsters openly...

Ever notice how, even with a .22-calibur round, the size of the hole and scope of the damage is considerably larger than .22 inches? Bullets will do a hell of a lot more to your body than just drill a little hole.

That actually depends on the velocity, IMJack. With a low-velocity round like the .22 long-rifle cartridge, you will indeed do much more than punch a .22-caliber hole in your target. But with a higher-velocity round such as the .22 Hornet (Or, say, the .45ACP vs the .45 Super), unless the target is wearing ballistic armor, then the amount of tissue damage is likely to be significantly less.

[edit] I'd also like to note that you're infinitely more likely to die from a knife wound than a gunshot wound given that each are given in similar circumstances (i.e., a real fight for your life) I mean sure, I can take a knife and cut my arm and then shoot myself in the head; which one killed me? But in a realistic fight, you're much more likely to get hit with a bullet in an extremity or center-mass, neither of which will kill you instantly, whereas a knife wound, especially a slash (which is the most common type of knife wound in fights; even though stabs are more common in murders), is nearly always fatal if done to the center mass, and it can take months to heal a serious wound to a leg or arm from a knife; but gunshots can heal in 6-8 weeks. Just a thought. I'd rather be shot in the arm than hit in the arm with a lead pipe or slashed in the arm with a knife. And, once again, I should know. [/edit]

hey girl so taboo as a girl that likes to blush when she's getting tongue fucked in the ass? yeah? yeah? that's what i thought godammit!

OH NO! I'VE BEEN PUBLICLY SCOLDED I WILL NEVER PERMANANTLY RECOVER FROM THIS HEINOUS ACT AWW FUCK IT HURTS ALREADY! SHIT!

Myself personally would rather take a beating than shoot someone, even if the intention is only to wound them.

Same here

Oh, really? So, you'd rather it was you in the hosptial rather than the criminal?

Yes, I would if there was no solution but violence. There is no way in my entire life that I'd intentionally wound another human being.

Yes, I would if there was no solution but violence. There is no way in my entire life that I'd intentionally wound another human being.

I feel the same way. To do something to intentionally hurt someone, physical or emotional, is wrong. Period. No matter the circumstances.

I can't see why nobody has had a go at making non-leatheal projectial weapons easly avalible. how about a stun gun, or traquliser?

Still, i can under stand the inpowerment of owing a gun, Being the weedy little nerd i am, I can't fight to save my life.

so i built a crossbow. :)

OH NO! I'VE BEEN PUBLICLY SCOLDED I WILL NEVER PERMANANTLY RECOVER FROM THIS HEINOUS ACT AWW FUCK IT HURTS ALREADY! SHIT!

obviously that big bag of weedie-kins you just got ain't disappointin', deady :>

I can't see why nobody has had a go at making non-leatheal projectial weapons easly avalible. how about a stun gun, or traquliser?

There used to be a place called "Spy Central" or something like that near where I lived. They sold all sorts of self-defense and anti-privacy crap. You could buy mace and rubber ammunition in bulk, along with low-level Kevlar vests and silly little pamphlets on "How To Be a Ninja". It was funny.

D'you guys ever think about enlisting? I've thought about it a couple of times, between the experience and the money offered, and because of the whole war on terrorism. My dad jokes that I was born and raised on money he got from the Army, so they own me already. :)

Hows this:

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out

and if your atheist or agnostic; you're phuct

I don't believe in god nor do I want to, but I do believe in hell :)

Hows this:

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out

0h gn0, gather the family and head for the hills, he's been listening to Marilyn Manson again!!

[q]I'm generally 100% confident that I'm not going to kill anyone when I pull the trigger. It's all about competency and practice. [/q]

That's bollocks. Specially with a pistol. The aim of a pistol is terrible even if the target is standing still. If a attacker runs towards a armed guard from 30 meter, the guard is supposed to fire a warning shot in the ground in front of the attackers feet, first. Then a shot in the leg if the attacker don't stop. Do you realise how hard that really is? This guard got a weapon in his hands at the time.. and is prepared.. yet, the attakcer will have run ~50-60% of the distance before the guard have fired the warning shot. You got a pistol tucked away in you holster, it's not as quickly taken out , not as quickly loaded and not by far as accurate as a guards rifle.

BTW security guard training in the army is really fun. You get to fight . :p

D'you guys ever think about enlisting?

I already did.

Didn't last too long though. Not that I sucked, but I had neglected a past record when I joined and that was brought up and called for discharge. Even my drill instructor told me in private I was one of the best recruits he'd had and was thoroughly pissed about my discharge situation, but oh well. I'd still go back if I could. I was gonna get slotted for ranger training afterwards as well. Hmph.