Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

BloodyAcid said:

Pass the butter here~

Umm. Guys? Do you know that gluttony is a sin?

Okay then.

These pictures are from a long-dead vanilla project of mine. Both are about 2 years old.

schwerpunk said:

I like the subtle shading on the ground in the foreground, there. Also a fan of that wooden bracket, and the nice colourful contrasts going on all around. Is this screenshot the view from the player's spawn location? I always get nervous when I enter a map and I'm in an open area right next to a weapon. Means shit's about to go down fast. o_O;;

Indeed it is. Most of the monsters are just out of your sight line, save for a pair of mancubi and a distant demon. It's when you move about halfway towards the soulsphere pillar that stuff really launches into crazy-mode. Then things don't slow down for a while.

Mechadon said:

That's some good old poop Snakes, but I've already seen it :(. But it's still good!

Yeah, I haven't done too much work on UR in the past six months. I don't really have any new poop to show :(

scalliano: inspired by cchest4 map21?

Jimi: from where can I download this hilarity?!

valkiriforce: it appears that Agent Spork has made a welcome return to mapping ;-)

I may look like an idiot, but when I saw kristus' shot, my first though was QUAKE 2! Some parts of the Upper Palace level, to be precise.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/screenshotstrife2013010.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/screenshotstrife2013010.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/screenshotstrife2013010.png/
EDIT: Damn thought I put them in right, sorry seems you may have to just put up with links. At the moment I am back to working on my Strife project I decided to scrap the original three areas and do them again. By the way these are still under WIP so hopefully won't look that crap when finished.

RjY said:

scalliano: inspired by cchest4 map21?

Haven't got that far in CC4, TBH.

That said, when the central core opens up you'll see the direct inspiration ;)

Looks great springy, although it's also a bit boxy.

Amazing stuff valkiriforce!

And finally, I love that screenshot to pieces Kristus. You have a great knack for creating majestic architecture.

Maybe the bas-relief textures should have a mirrored variant so that they would all look towards Korax?

I think I recently broke through a mapping block and am now making real progress. :D

Messing around and making gigantic trees. I may add some 3d sector branches underneath. Near this area lags a little for me because You can see a good part of the map over the hills.

Hurr, more 3d sectors. :D

I not only learned how to do strife dialogs, I also made them play nicely with my ACS shop scripts as well!

Just a pretty shot of the town.

Dat Dingy little house.

This is interesting, and amazing that I got it to work. That's a portal in the center at the top of the building. Note: I did not make the entire outdoor area a portal, only a circular area around that roof. The way its set up the sky should not bleed anywhere.

DeathevokatioN said:

Looks great springy, although it's also a bit boxy.

Amazing stuff valkiriforce!

And finally, I love that screenshot to pieces Kristus. You have a great knack for creating majestic architecture.

Thanks lad, layout is probably my weakest point I can never seem to get a good layout. Loving the purple vibe going on there Ribbiks I can't wait to play it. Kaiser once again I am completely speechless that looks amazing.

rf': I'm really enjoying the somewhat desaturated look of your screenshots, paired with a restrained, yet lively, colour pallet. It fills me with nostalgia from indiscernible sources.

mouldy said:

this page is a treat for the eyeballs

You said it, brother. I've got a real good feeling about 2013.

I've started thinking that woodmet texture looks like a bee, or two different types of chocolates layered over each other.

Nice crates there!

Also like the giant tree and the tower.

Yea, lots of great shots on this page.

--

I've been adding some geometry to my level, trying to hide other parts of it, so that it'll have a better framerate. Also removed the monsters, I'll have to place them better so that they don't infight so much.

Katamori said:

I swear this is the best page in this (long) thread.

Guys, you are all great!

On behalf of all the people who've posted pictures on this page:

:3