Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

schwerpunk said:

All the time, man. It's worse when I forget I've got two distant, complex sectors merged and only realize it after I've put in a lot of work on the map, so I can't just undo my mistakes.

Press "M" then mouse1 in the split sector.

Implementing a couple of improvements on the outside area.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/screenshotstrife2013010.png/
This is the cubicle area taken in a different perspective because the shot I posted on ZDoom didn't look too good from the entrance.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/screenshotstrife2013010.png/
I've been thinking about opening up a project thread for this but I think it's probably way to early.

This is from pggm.wad (1996):

aww how cute!

o_o

Woah, a UFO that shoots fireballs at you! If you look closely, you can see the "actors" though. ;)

Might be common, but I have never experienced it before:

I`m still alive in this picture. I could walk around and shoot and everything was like normal. I died when I got hit by a fireball later on.

Ahh, I recognise that! MAP01: Pistol Panic, from Community Chest. Yeah, plenty of voodoo dolls in there.

Very cramped... Now that I think about it, the same applies to many other maps in INTIME.WAD. Come on, you aren't making 1024x1024 maps anymore. :) Larger areas are nice because they usually impress the player more and you can move in them freely without bumping into stuff.
And the step on the 3rd screen looks awkward to me, I imagine it would be uncomfortable IRL.

MAP08 going to be a dark and creepy map as far as it's called "Hard night in the office", so i think it fits to this map. =)

Anyway, I always try to make wide and open places but I never have any ideas, how - and of course, sometimes it happens accidentally, like MAP21. (however I still think that MAP21 is a success :P)

Oh, and you were right about the steps. That was just a quick solution. I made it better now.

Katamori said:

Anyway, I always try to make wide and open places but I never have any ideas, how - and of course, sometimes it happens accidentally, like MAP21. (however I still think that MAP21 is a success :P)

Even the corridors shown in the pictures are pretty narrow and crampy, though. If you want to make wider and more open maps, try some 192-unit wide corridors to start out with. The extra space to move around will allow for freer maneuverability and more interesting combat.

You could also expand out the blood-pit hallway into an actual room, etc...

esselfortium said:

If you want to make wider and more open maps, try some 192-unit wide corridors to start out with. The extra space to move around will allow for freer maneuverability and more interesting combat.

Indeed, that's a good idea. Somehow I always used 128-unit wide corridors, but actually I don't know its reason. Thanks!

The bloodpit is necessary to work as an obstacle - the corridor is separated to 2 different parts.

Ribbiks, your purple pics have something of the disco-sex-dungeon about them... not that I've ever been to a disco-sex-dungeon you understand.

mouldy said:

Ribbiks, your purple pics have something of the disco-sex-dungeon about them... not that I've ever been to a disco-sex-dungeon you understand.

All of my disco-sex-dungeons are mouldy :P