Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

rf` said:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc37/ravagefox/doom/gray_hudbar.png
I just wanted to join the custom HUD party!

I want that shotgun...

You can get the sprite from Doom 64 Ex but it doesn't come with the hand underneath.

Avoozl said:

You can get the sprite from Doom 64 Ex but it doesn't come with the hand underneath.

I have all the D64 resources (DECORATE included), but I'd like the one in the picture X) Assuming it has that pump animation. If not, oh well.

A friend released what basically amounts to an SRB2 jokeWAD yesterday. I felt like sharing a part you'd recognize:

marver0PS said:

what port are you using?

At the moment, slightly customized Chocolate Doom, more later. The HUD itself wasn't actually in the game yet.

And I just realised why it looked so familiar

Maybe I'll try something different today.

rf`: Cool HUD, fits nicely with the D64 weapon. The only thing that could be changed is the bullet clip. Too similar grey, and the other ammo icons show the ammo outside containers.

Jimi said:

The only thing that could be changed is the bullet clip. Too similar grey, and the other ammo icons show the ammo outside containers.

I was thinking the same thing.

rf` said:

HUD of wonder
I just wanted to join the custom HUD party!

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2391/excellence.png

EDIT:
Pretty much done with this new HUD reskin. I'll upload them all somewhere in a moment, after I fuck around with the edited Keycard graphic offsets (and perhaps remove the grey shadow on the fat red numbers, because it doesn't look right).

The old HUD Keycards annoyed me, they look broken/incomplete.

The name's a private joke, I don't actually use it!

mrthejoshmon said:

Shadow Hog: is it E1M2 by any chance?

schwerpunk said:

That is definitely E1M1 & E1M2. Just looks a lot wider.

Yeah, it's E1M1, with E1M2 joined at the exit (although you start at the tail end of E1M2 - and have to jump in from the window, because you start in the outdoors area surrounding the exit room), and both stretched horizontally. A seriously overdriven "At Doom's Gate" is the music. Not pictured: the textures animate, very quickly.

The mod itself is very weird, abusing all kinds of mapping errors (it's very fond of flat bleeding, I've found), but it's based (extremely loosely) on Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, the poster child webcomic for stylistic suck, so "weird" is really the only way to go.

(I also contributed to MAP08 and MAP34 (neither pictured), so <_<)

Platinum Shell said:

What mod/wad are you playing?

My Nailgun (weapons) mod and BTSX.

No, I have not released it yet.

PRIMEVAL said:

I have all the D64 resources (DECORATE included), but I'd like the one in the picture X) Assuming it has that pump animation. If not, oh well.

I need to find the original person on the zdoom forums who made that so that I can properly credit him for the base. (I added a reload animation more like the SSG myself).

I am going for a more morbid and dark feel with this map.

blocked doorway:

The unlucky mans office

I am also adding little buildings around the outside areas.

The candlelabra modification looks good, but the blocked doorway's sight is somehow irritating by the different-looking and different sized bricks (of which some are not even aligned properly).

Cell said:

The candlelabra modification looks good, but the blocked doorway's sight is somehow irritating by the different-looking and different sized bricks (of which some are not even aligned properly).

The bricks the room was made out of were a bit on the awkward side, the smaller bricks are just filler for when I find out how to align the bigger bricks.
also I think the candlelabra comes with brutal doom, I'm not sure though.

Actually I kind of like the idea of the bricks blocking the door being different from the other bricks. Makes it feel more like it was a hasty afterthought, like someone was trying to keep something else out (or maybe even keep something from GETTING out!). Only thing I'd suggest differently is maybe different color bricks, and I personally would try to make a pile of bricks nearby to indicate the job wasn't finished! :D

Eris Falling said:

403 Forbidden. Which just made me laugh quite hard :P

I get the idea though. Quite clever actually ;)

Heh, I don't get that message up when I click the link. Though the message sounds like I've been bad :P
Sorry mods.

Much progress has been made:

This area is interesting, the imps clamber out into the open to kill you, not what I had intended but it looks pretty cool.

The bricks are now the same and aligned, the demons broke through, poor guy

I thought I should use 2 things, a vantage point and arachnotrons, vantage point is an optional part of the map

Another bricked door, near some badies.

and a demonic Altar near the exit

The status bar looks really horrible with those colors. The red numbers with gray drop shadows and the blue labels are an eyesore next to the red of the status bar itself.

Woolie Wool said:

The status bar looks really horrible with those colors. The red numbers with gray drop shadows and the blue labels are an eyesore next to the red of the status bar itself.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad, oh well I guess I could turn it blue...

Indeed. Try a darker red for the bar, and a brighter blue for the text to make it more distinct from its shadow.

:o

Its Divine Shadow.

They all look great. Not overdetailed, or underdetailed, either. But which one's the inn - this one? Pretty impressive for an inn (in my opinion the last shot looks more inn-like). Anyway, I like how you blended it with the mountain, but maybe you could have it jut out slightly at the sides? I can't see up close, but sudden, flush, texture changes like that tend to make things look painted-on, imho.

Or maybe have the mountain slope sharpy into the inn a bit? Making it look like it's buttressed by cliff rocks?

EDIT: Here's an example I just whipped up. So maybe something like these?

Except, you know, good. :P