Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

[IMO]Lightning solution looks OK but it doesn't feel that realistic, also, the ceiling looks bad, but there is a easy (and obvious) solution to it [/IMO]
Other pics looks nice!

Hmmm I also have sketches in some papers, i think should post some.

I was inspired by all the retro futurism stuff on the last page so now I want to make a project with those funky colors and lots of lasers and glowy things and cybernetic monsters. I started making a palette for this purpose, based on I think Sigvatr's Palplus. whatever it was, it was in Slade.

http://imgur.com/sP9BKqP

I think some of the colors are too dark though, so I might go back and edit it so it just has the changes to the reds, blues and greens.

Looks cool Tango. Some grey or brown details at the bottom could fit. The purple armor is a bit weird though.

Shadow Hog said:

So is it a HOM, or a rapid-fire BFG in an engine that's getting the sprite rendering order completely backwards?

HOM, you can create all sorts of patterns using plasma and rocket weapons wixed with view bobbing.

I have too much time on my hands...

how do you do thumbnails again? never mind, don't need it now

map02 screenies, supposedly inspired by Talosian Incident but has plenty of color.

How to link images with thumbnails (omit spaces):

[ url=http://imghoster.com/original.png ][ img ]http://imghoster.com/thumbnail.jpg[ /img ][ /url ]

Hurricyclone said:

how do you do thumbnails again? never mind, don't need it now

map02 screenies, supposedly inspired by Talosian Incident but has plenty of color.

http://i.imgur.com/0gsbh1r.png

As someone experienced in the matters of color saturation, I must say that these pics really help me acknowledge just how over-the-top my early stuff was. You may want to narrow it down a bit.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I've got to agree, dude. Some of those shots hurt my eyes, especially that third one with the Christmas Barons. The stuff in Talosian Incident looked as good as it did mostly as a function of mood lighting and firm theming; a lot of its actual structures and layouts are extremely bland/boxy/overly symmetrical. What you've got here is that same kind of architecture laid bare, without any of that dulcet concealing darkness to soften its rough edges.

Perhaps that was the intention, though...? If it's some kind of comedy map, or has a very surreal mood (which is something that can be hard to really portray in screenshots), maybe you could make it work. Hell, certain parts of the two Happy Time Circus WADs are full-blown ridiculous Technicolor Eye-Rape, and damned if they don't manage to come off as appropriately menacing.

my actual motif for this project was to make an extremely colorful, yet vanilla compatible, mapset that feels like a color trip. to the point where I actually avoid using any grayscale textures altogether EXCEPT for DOORTRAK and a few light textures like in those screenshots. it's a very ambitious and secularist type of mapping that I am hoping to get through. I'm even thinking about adding custom palettes and custom sprites to this.

btw map02 is named "peculiar"

here's a map03 screenie. trippy, and again showing color and avoiding grayscale. I had pretty much reached my DRAWSEGS limit with the majority of the map, so it seems Fragport-empty in a few ways.

Hmm, kind of like the theme you've got there, Purist, sort of 'Plutonia + Inferno.' Actually, though, what has most been catching my eye about the WAD is the map titles, and the apparent overarching theme they suggest.

Demon of the Well said:

Hmm, kind of like the theme you've got there, Purist, sort of 'Plutonia + Inferno.' Actually, though, what has most been catching my eye about the WAD is the map titles, and the apparent overarching theme they suggest.

Thanks DOTW, the overarching theme is all Hell all the time. Hopefully, it won't be too samey though - I'm using different realms in Hell as sub-themes to keep some variety. The sub-theme in this episode is death and suppression for example. It's funny you mention inferno because I wanted to draw from E3 in this episode but I never felt that I did.

Was playing Scythe last week and a Archnotron and a Spiderdemon where attempting to infight, but ended up just firing there weapons on to the edge of the ledge.

purist said:

Visions of Hell #04 : Toil Yards

Loving those shots, they look like very ancient and overgrown (Which I think looks nice).

gemini09 said:

Reworking some areas in my map

http://imgur.com/rQ5cZz9

Looking sweet man! Also I think I remember those red barrels from R667, are they the ones that cause fires when they are destroyed or are they just sprite replacements?

-

After going on a playing spree of good 90's wads, I now have an idea with what MAP15 is going to be like, here is some shots of different things and angles in the (WIP) starting area:

What can I say, I like organized square structures.

(Also, the final shot does not have a texture alignment issue, it is an outer wall with the same texture)

I edited a friend's map

@mrthejoshmon, check my DMR thread. I made an update to the PWAD (New map rotation). I want some input on it please.

unfinished map04 at the moment.

the "P" on the platform is actually the solution letter to a puzzle later on in the map. I made this one slightly puzzle-centric and reached my visplane limit in most of the map excepting the fountain.

^I see a Hurricyclone rebranded "Pestov platform" there ;P
Meanwhile I've literally gone mental and made something very garish for the finale of my E4 episode wad.

I like the look of a lot of your shots mrthejoshmon, you've come a long way from where you've started. The green brick + pipes shot is especially pleasing.