Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

joe-ilya said:

But I didn't release it, so I guess it's OK.

So long as it stays that way, at least until my project is finished. Then I might reconsider.

Platinum Shell said:

Really? A palette?

Don't see how this makes it less stealable. If it's unique and integral to the maps (which it is for JS to a major extent), then it's just as valid a project asset as custom textures, music, enemies, weapons, etc., of which the creator certainly should have control over re-use.

FireFish said:

why do other people their screenshots always look so good.
some people even seem masters of minimalism. ;)

i kinda have the opposite problem, my detail is often frowned upon.

joe-ilya said:

But I didn't release it, so I guess it's OK.
EDIT: Here's MAP29 of Doom0 in another pallete version.

there's a thread where you can learn how to make a custom palette yourself in slade, that's how I made mine with lots of purple.

Platinum Shell said:

Anyways, here's an in-fight that went on for an eternity:

Fragport +1

anyways, jokemap time: doomguy has been running around this quite detailed place admiring it, but at the same time trying to run from enemies as he's somehow unarmed and helpless. will he catch his lucky break?

not this time!

I made some Plutonia type levels.. Each made in a few hours. Gameplay testing and tweaking seems to take the longest time.

M01 Egypt:

M07 Templeyard:

M17 Division:

gemini09 said:

Really cool shot Tango and Xegethra I applaud that E1 mountains+zimmer mix, looks truly cool

FireFish said:

This looks fun, kind of has this [Unreal x Doom 2] feeling to it.

Heh well, that level has a few courtyards/gardens in it. I wanted it to look very outdoorsy and deep hidden away.

I like that Egypt image though, it's always cool when people try to pull off ancient places like that...myths full of monsters give rise to a proper total conversion into that theme.

These are textures i was making for my own resource wad which is now
in a status of 'not needed' as i stopped making the wad i was using them in. some are shown in the 'test' wads i once uploaded.
All made with care to flow in with the stock pixelated textures.

Use them in whatever wad you want, and decide for yourself if you
want to mention where they came from.

Forcefield texture : mid texture

Broken down concrete with mos :

Concrete with a groove :

Concrete with plants in the groove :

Dirty rock wall :

Made to fit in with a floor flat in doom 2 :

Short hanging plant : mid texture

Long hanging plant : mid texture

Something abstract and weird :

thanks guys :D I really like the pl shots Jimi. are those different maps from the ones you made a while ago with the custom deh with the double firing revenants?

FireFish: The moss/plants could have some more shades. I'm sure the palette has them.

--

Thanks. These are without deh and just the default Plutonia textures. It's simpler that way.

One more.. M03 Mayan:

^ that teleport, I like it!

-

DeathevokatioN said:

Looks amazing, mrthejoshmon!

Eris Falling said:

Great stuff Josh and Tango

Thanks both of you!

Here is a less interesting shot of the green torch destination:

Jimmy said:

Don't see how this makes it less stealable. If it's unique and integral to the maps (which it is for JS to a major extent), then it's just as valid a project asset as custom textures, music, enemies, weapons, etc., of which the creator certainly should have control over re-use.

It's a palette dude. To get so protective with "I seem to recall" on something like that seems so douchey. I'd understand and sympathize with you had it been a set of graphics or sprites or something otherwise along those lines, but it's a damn palette.

rf''s awesome pics

I'm digging the light purple tone all the screenshots seem to have. Overall it looks quite good. The second screenshot reminds me of this one awesome experimental Doom map, I think it was called The Void or something like that. Had parts where you shrunk down and fought spiders, descended a foggy cannon, and a bunch of other cool stuff.

Platinum Shell said:

It's a palette dude. To get so protective with "I seem to recall" on something like that seems so douchey. I'd understand and sympathize with you had it been a set of graphics or sprites or something otherwise along those lines, but it's a damn palette.

Palettes require work too, btw.

Da Werecat said:

minimal work at most. the thread i linked in an earlier post was where i learned to make one and it wasn't really that hard to do.

sprite work, yeah that's pretty tough, at least to make custom-made sprites. best i am doing so far are palette-swapped sprites for one project.

edit: of course in joe-ilya's case he seems to have taken Jimmy's palette for his Doom0 even though Jimmy stated in the Jungle Spirits thread for him not to do so. i just wondered if joe knew how to make a palette himself instead of taking someone else's.

Hurricyclone said:

Da Werecat said:

minimal work at most. the thread i linked in an earlier post was where i learned to make one and it wasn't really that hard to do.

sprite work, yeah that's pretty tough, at least to make custom-made sprites. best i am doing so far are palette-swapped sprites for one project.

If it's that easy to do, why use someone else's against their wishes?

If this thread hadn't overflowed the limits, I'd split off the "palette theft" discussion (due to the size of this thread, all I could do is delete the offending posts).

But please let's have no more whining about this. The creator of a resource has the right to decide how it is used, and that's that. We respect author's rights in these forums. Further bad posts will get deleted.

This is my first foray into custom enemies.

I made a crude attempt at an Imp recolour. He performs like how I want and I tried to keep him looking like the old Imp as well.

I like a little cheese with my Doom.

Hah thanks.

I thought a light hearted monster would be something to attempt. I saw the the Imp as a good enemy to recolour. Then I saw his spikes, and thought "What else would go with his spikes?" So I gave him a Mohawk and a few more spikes to avoid making just a black Imp. It's funny because I didn't make him the same "species" as the normal Imp, so infighting between them happens.

But yeah, if anyone wants him for a side scrolling Doom beat em up then they can use him! >_>

It's cheesy enough for him to be a cameo there yeah!

I have other ideas for enemies too...some more serious than my Punk Imp, but I gotta practice my pixel art skills a bit, as well as getting good animation frames....

walter confalonieri said:

more plutonia-style things

Nice, the second shot reminds me somewhat of Dis from Ultimate Doom.