Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Krispavera said:

How would you describe this brilliant looking Heretic wad length wise, rf?

About seven maps, probably not terribly long. I'm still working out a few kinks on gameplay issues to make it less confusing

dutch devil said:

Map03 of my Riot Control mapset.

That's just plain exciting. How many maps are you making? Will you release snippets before they're all done?

Super Jamie said:

That's just plain exciting. How many maps are you making? Will you release snippets before they're all done?

I'm planning four maps, as soon as I get map03 done I'll release it along with map01/02. Map04 will not be released until it hits the /idgames archives. Map04 will be quite big and have hard as hell gameplay.

I also have vague plans for an sequel to this, which will be using Quake 2 textures.

Can't wait, Dutchy. I liked the first map, haven't gotten the chance to play the second yet, but I'm looking forward to it :)

Still needs work, don't know what. This is the hidden dragon temple behind the town (it's not necessary to complete the game, but you get summoning stones from it if you sacrifice dragon eggs)

What is this i don't even.

The design of the ceiling reminds me of the Thundercats logo.

I don't really like that design.. It looks like the things I did in Doom Builder in my early days that I thought were abstract, but were really just stupid looking...

However, I like the look of everything else in there, and especially the beam of light coming from the ceiling onto the north wall.

Honestly I think the points need to be sharper and more thin. I'd throw in some extra vertices too to make it a smoother curve.

My only other gripe is that that material looks very thick and heavy and it looks like it wouldn't hold up without any supports. (which is why I suggest to make the curves more slender and sharp)

Can I see a picture of that room in your editor?

Almost finished this level. Finally

Also, looking great AB. Even though I like slaughter maps only in small doses, I do like the look of this. Cool.

oh noes, slime. It looks cool kyka. And thanks for the comment.

Also, gaze in awe of my awesome editing skillz (not)<-talking about windows. Should I scrap it, replace it, do without, or just give up? The building is SUPPOSED to be a palace/mansion, but it's mostly tinkering around right now. It's also only 1/4 the size I visualized ... (but then the map will quickly reach the limit as I want about 30 of these things around, plus a bunch of residential/commercial blocks and moar plazas AND dock areas branching out every so often into an inland sea-ish area. Not too tall an order eh?).

well the marble one is being remade in Out of Darkness (map 02)
and the second one was hard to create once :P but there will be a better map with thoses texture (as that one was badly cramped.

KingKill33 said:

I originally had this pale green sky but it looked worse. Haha.

I quite liked the way this image looked and was toying with the idea of using it as the sky:

[image]

DUDE!!!1!1! That looks amazing. If you don't wind up using it, do you mind if I do?

Heh. Also, the screenies of the map itself look pretty cool too.

Kyka said:

DUDE!!!1!1! That looks amazing. If you don't wind up using it, do you mind if I do?

Heh. Also, the screenies of the map itself look pretty cool too.

I couldn't get a result I liked with it so I gave up. Personally, I don't mind if you use it, though the guy who made it may. :p

If you wanna give it a crack, here's the guy's devART if you wanna get said permission: http://shyshadow.deviantart.com/

He has tons more space paintings that could prove useful. *nods*

@ kingkill, that really reminds me of the space levels of DVII or Scythe X. good stuff!

Map03 of my upcoming Riot Control project, an mapshot for an chance. Only an little bit of editing left to do, then comes all the level testing.