Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]





Someone made a Heretic map recently so it made me want to try too. Started this on Friday night... maybe I'll finish it :P

(They're thumbnails, click em!)

Share this post


Link to post

Thumb... nails? What is this manner of witchcraft?

(Looks good. The wall texture is a bit repetitive in the first shot, but I know you don't have much of a choice with stock Heretic resources.)

Share this post


Link to post

These thumbnail things are pretty nifty, yeah.

Uhm, yeah I could probably spice up that wall of squares yeah! I've never really worked with the heretic textures in any serious way before so I'm kinda learning as I go. There aren't a lot of them, but they actually work pretty well for creating different themes and all (as Curse of D'sparil proves). In other words, there is no excuse for my lack of luster!

Share this post


Link to post
Obsidian said:

A pic of a map I made for Panophobia. Simple, yet deadly.

You mean it's for the slot MAP07?

Share this post


Link to post

Krispavera: that looks quite good. Try to add some height variation on your floors, though.

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps flat variation for that room, since varying the heights would account for a rather bumpy jog across the floor. I'd originally had the floors recessed several units so that I could add a wood flat to offset that sea of grey.. maybe I'll just do that again.

Share this post


Link to post

So I was feeling like modeling something simple. Let's see how it goes...

Shooting some imps here...


Mmm.. it's some HK MP7 PDW inspired weapon meant to replace the pistol. It's a bit faster and fires as soon as you press the fire key. I don't like those little delays...

The UV map and texture are still some crap, but I'll at least have a proper UV map later. Don't know if the texture is going to have much detail, that part I often screw up. Muzzleflash texture turned out quite nice, worked almost 10 mins on it :P It was inspired by Heretic Phoenix flash and the pistol flashes in Equilibrium.

Share this post


Link to post
Cell said:

You mean it's for the slot MAP07?


It isn't actually, although that's a pretty good idea. It is a sort of arena map though.

Share this post


Link to post

Awesome building I found in some Scientist 2 map:


Share this post


Link to post

Trying to learn how to make stuff for Doom, here's before an after pics!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2382/screenshotdoom201211011.png

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2382/screenshotdoom201211011.png

I'm relying on the Doom 2 IWAD right now though, gonna have to find some tutorials on making PWADS.

It's fun making simple texture replacements though, good way to relax from all the assignments I been doing.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like some kind of tron cyberspace place. Yea, simpler stuff is more fun to do.

--

Well, I made another model. Again the texture and UV map is just some crap... but wanted to try it ingame already.

This time it's a Lance and it replaces the Fist. It's faster and uses 2x A_Punch, so it's more useful even if player doesn't have Berserk.

Share this post


Link to post
SweatyGremlins said:

Trying to learn how to make stuff for Doom, here's before an after pics!

~screens~

I'm relying on the Doom 2 IWAD right now though, gonna have to find some tutorials on making PWADS.

It's fun making simple texture replacements though, good way to relax from all the assignments I been doing.


You know, i would totally play a level/wad in the style of that second screen. It really does look like something out of TRON or some other retro virtual reality. I remember totally loving TRON 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post

My map for "5 Rooms of Doom" community project. Work in progress, but I'm quite proud already


Share this post


Link to post

That helicopter landing pad looks like an absolute death trap, even without considering the giant pillar sticking up for the helicopter to impale itself on.

Share this post


Link to post

It's a landing pad for hollowcopters.

But seriously, I don't see why such a structure would be recessed in the ground, or have computer screens on the sides.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, the first pic looks intresting.
about the helicopter pad, i'm not sure...

Share this post


Link to post

Security system for unauthorized landing.

That's the only logical way i can put my head around it.

Share this post


Link to post

Gez said:But seriously, I don't see why such a structure would be recessed in the ground, or have computer screens on the sides. [/B]


So the soldiers can jump on facebook straight after they land!

I changed the shotgun from Purple\Cyan to Black\Cyan, looks more occult now.



This little TC will actually take a lot of work, never modded or made maps... or music for Doom before :O

Map design with all those lines will be tricky, everything has to align properly. I think I will finally be able to give epilepsy to the Doom community though!

Disco! Disco! Disco!

Share this post


Link to post
Antroid said:

You know, i would totally play a level/wad in the style of that second screen

Check out the secret maps from "Survive in Hell" then. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Esselfortium and Gez: lol, I didn't even think about it...there might be a good idea to raise the level of the floor - I did it to make the pad closed for the Cyberdemon fight but the fences already did it actually.

Wait, does it even necessary to close the player? Or there would be better to fight with the cyberdemon on that small "walley"? What's your opinion?

Anyway, I think the computers are okay: navigation system and things like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Katamori said:

Esselfortium and Gez: lol, I didn't even think about it...there might be a good idea to raise the level of the floor - I did it to make the pad closed for the Cyberdemon fight but the fences already did it actually.

Wait, does it even necessary to close the player? Or there would be better to fight with the cyberdemon on that small "walley"? What's your opinion?

Anyway, I think the computers are okay: navigation system and things like that.


I say leave it, it looks cool.

Reminds me of the random setups you see in things like Transformers or G.I. Joe. Not meant to be realistic, just look cool and complicated!

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

It's a landing pad for hollowcopters.

But seriously, I don't see why such a structure would be recessed in the ground, or have computer screens on the sides.

It's a nightclub for holograms. I wonder what the pole dancers look like.

Share this post


Link to post

Peoples still trying to make sense out of Doom, bleehhhhh:P
It's like trying to find the g-spot on a woman, it's just a myth, but
you may still try to make sense out of the myth if that amuse you! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Haha Simon, it's right and funny :D anyway, not realism is the only reason why I changed it. I noticed that the helipad area is too small and has too many obstacles for a cyberdemon fight.

Share this post


Link to post
SweatyGremlins said:

I'm relying on the Doom 2 IWAD right now though, gonna have to find some tutorials on making PWADS.


you'd better switch as soon as possible, I would already have a megawad released if I hadn't used a modified IWAD. Now I can't get it to work when I'm trying to remove all that IWAD-esque crap.

Share this post


Link to post

Jimi said:
Well, I made another model. Again the texture and UV map is just some crap... but wanted to try it ingame already.

This time it's a Lance and it replaces the Fist. It's faster and uses 2x A_Punch, so it's more useful even if player doesn't have Berserk.

Nice, just out of interest what program do you use to create these models?

Share this post


Link to post
Scypek2 said:

you'd better switch as soon as possible, I would already have a megawad released if I hadn't used a modified IWAD. Now I can't get it to work when I'm trying to remove all that IWAD-esque crap.


Yeah I got the impression it's better to do things properly from the ground up with Doom. After exams I'll go through some of the Tutorials out there, there's a lot of support for ZDoom modding thankfully :)

Share this post


Link to post
Scypek2 said:

you'd better switch as soon as possible, I would already have a megawad released if I hadn't used a modified IWAD. Now I can't get it to work when I'm trying to remove all that IWAD-esque crap.

  1. Get an SVN build of SLADE 3.
  2. Set the original (unmodified) version of the IWAD that you have modified as the Base Resource Archive.
  3. Open your modified version of the IWAD.
  4. Archive -> Maintenance -> Remove entries duplicated from IWAD
Note: this will not affect maps (comparison is harder since they are made of several lumps) or markers (which are empty).

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.