Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

A 20th anniversary vanilla Doom episode project thing that I'm currently making which I hope to finish before December 10th if I can motivate myself to make an entire episode this time -_-;



Will post more pics when more progress is made.

Share this post


Link to post

cool, the combination of E1 textures and E4 sky looks interesting

Share this post


Link to post

More screenshots from Somewhere in Time.

The first one will be MAP12 with a new name. (Mining Tower) This is very WIP yet and somehow, the Bandicam recording toolbar could be seen, but the matter is noticeable in the pic. You have 3 chances to find out, who inspired me. :P



The second one is a kind of "thumbnail" for MAP07: The Black Void, which is already finished! I'll upload a video and a beta version (for testers) in the right thread soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

cool, the combination of E1 textures and E4 sky looks interesting

I've almost mentioned that STEPTOP isn't E1 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Philnemba said:

A 20th anniversary vanilla Doom episode project thing that I'm currently making which I hope to finish before December 10th if I can motivate myself to make an entire episode this time -_-;

[image]

Will post more pics when more progress is made.


I like philnemba maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Olympus said:

That second shot is beautiful, Katamori. Looks very unique.


Thank you! This is my overall aim with the project, so I'm really happy if I can reach it at least once. =)

Share this post


Link to post

I had absolutely no ideas but I had an urge to make something anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Here's some shots of a map I'm currently working on, Castle Bloodletting, for the NOVA project. I've already posted these screens in the official thread, but I thought it would be good to post them here, as well:





Share this post


Link to post

@ Katamori:

There was already a project with "big void with small islands" maps. So it is not completely unique. Nevertheless, if it is well done, it is extremely creepy...

Share this post


Link to post

A Portal to the Spider Dimension, a boss in my ongoing gameplay modification, Doomvengers (The Freerunner class, i.e. Parkour Doom, is being played here). It really does just spew spiders constantly until you destroy it. It's thankfully quite rare. I have yet to complete the violent explosion I intend it to put out when destroyed.

The effects are a combination of the Smoke Monster and Lightning portal from Realm667. I'm not that clever.

Share this post


Link to post
LigH said:

@ Katamori:

There was already a project with "big void with small islands" maps. So it is not completely unique. Nevertheless, if it is well done, it is extremely creepy...


Well, I think there's almost impossible to make something completely unique, because of the incredibly long past of mapping and modding. =) and of course, thanks for the nice words!

Captain Ventris said:

A Portal to the Spider Dimension, a boss in my ongoing gameplay modification, Doomvengers (The Freerunner class, i.e. Parkour Doom, is being played here). It really does just spew spiders constantly until you destroy it. It's thankfully quite rare. I have yet to complete the violent explosion I intend it to put out when destroyed.

The effects are a combination of the Smoke Monster and Lightning portal from Realm667. I'm not that clever.


That screenshot strongly reminds me of MAP07 from Jimmy's Jenesis megaWAD.

Share this post


Link to post

As a picture of that exact map with a game play mod being used probably should :P

Share this post


Link to post

Better not imagine yourself being owned by those creeps.

Share this post


Link to post

A few shots of an apartment I'm working on. The screenshots are a little brighter than what it looks like in-game, but not by much.

Living room. There's so much 3D in that television cabinet that half the dots on a one-by-one grid have a vertices on them. Pain in the ass, but I think the result is worth it.
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-b.png

Kitchen. It's a little hard to see, but there's a stove at the end. It's also a tad empty, but I haven't gotten around to sprucing it up yet.
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-c.png

Bathroom. The 3D door handle is causing some lighting issues, but I haven't been able to fix it without breaking everything else. Not sure it's important enough to spend another couple of days on, anyway. The little bit of PANEL you see on the left is part of a sliding door.
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-a.png

Balcony and dining table. It's hard to see, but there's glass in the door and windows; or actually, a semi-transparent 3D sector. The buildings in the background are pitch-black regardless of lighting level, as they're supposed to be nothing but silhouettes.
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-d.png

Critique is welcome.

Share this post


Link to post

Clearly beyond vanilla; which sourceport does it require?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm working with GZDoom 1.7.0 (r1505 from the DRD SVN). Not sure if it'll work in anything else; haven't tested that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Luke Gevaerts said:

I'm working with GZDoom 1.7.0 (r1505 from the DRD SVN). Not sure if it'll work in anything else; haven't tested that yet.

Well, keep it up! Looks pretty awesome so far.

Share this post


Link to post

^ Agree. A bit crowded but the design is amazing. Perfect for some horror-stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

It's a tad crowded, but that's what homes tend to be like. It matters little, in any case: the player will never have to fight anything in this map, so there's no danger of the architecture getting in the way of gameplay.

And horror stuff, huh? Like creepy messages...
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-e.png

... and even creepier paintings inside a walk-in closet...
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-f.png

... or weird portals appearing inside kitchen cabinets? Stuff like that?
http://www.femlob.com/temp/tears-g.png

Nah, that couldn't be it. =P

Share this post


Link to post

Reminds me of Reinchard's city map. I like the first kitchen shot because it shows how big the "little" crates would be in real life, which adds some perspective to how large standard Doom architecture actually is.

Share this post


Link to post

The creepy painting was used in Blood too... there it was animated. :P

Share this post


Link to post
LigH said:

The creepy painting was used in Blood too... there it was animated. :P


They might be persuaded to become animated in the apartment, too. =P

PRIMEVAL, very nice shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Luke Gevaerts said:

They might be persuaded to become animated in the apartment, too. =P


hehe

looks fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
This topic is now closed to further replies.