Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

C30N9 said:

What is that project/thing?


First screenshot looks a bit like DooM 2's "Circle Of Destruction", second one looks like a blood version of Plutonia's "Well of Souls". Both of which I realize are the same map, with the styles combined. Pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Platinum Shell said:

First screenshot looks a bit like DooM 2's "Circle Of Destruction", second one looks like a blood version of Plutonia's "Well of Souls". Both of which I realize are the same map, with the styles combined. Pretty cool.


It's an homage to MAP11 from Doom 2. This map is from the project Go # It. Thanks anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

I can almost guarantee that TNT2 map is 21

My version of it hasnt been touched yet, but it matches older 21 shots

Share this post


Link to post
C30N9 said:

It's an homage to MAP11 from Doom 2. This map is from the project Go # It. Thanks anyway.

Cool-looking attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
TimeOfDeath said:

pic

Cool "3D" architecture.

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

Cool "3D" architecture.

Completely forgot to react on that. Why to tamper with uber-GZDooM stuff if one does simply make some midtextures? :D

Share this post


Link to post

C30N9: It's my currently nameless project for Doomsday, and it's the player character.... Some mid texture vines could fit in your level.

TimeOfDeath: Looks like the end area of Quake E1M2. Nicely done.

Share this post


Link to post
TimeOfDeath said:

[Castle of the Damned screenshot]


I see what you did there :D

Share this post


Link to post

Well pg. 316 is certainly off with a bang. This sounds like the perfect time to kick off my new gameshow: Guess That Exit Room! *Former humans applaud wetly, and from somewhere in the back row a Caco heckles the unbelievably handsome host.*

Also, when looking for an actual good image to post I google image searched "best doom screenshot ever" and this was the top result (1024x768).

EDIT: And this (1280x800) came up for "worst doom screenshot ever." Honestly, I've seen worse. Anyway, after this little crap intermission, I'll let you guys get back to posting things people actually want to see.

Share this post


Link to post
schwerpunk said:

Also, when looking for an actual good image to post I google image searched "best doom screenshot ever" and this was the top result (1024x768).


Apparently, the quality of a screenshot is judged by how much gamma has been used to wash out the colors.

Share this post


Link to post

Ding! Ding! Ding! Eris wins!



And here's an actual screenshot I took (from cafebrk1.wad Map11), which is a real gem of a wad, imo:
http://i.imgur.com/DdIx9Ce.png

It would take me a week to come up with something like what is pictured here!

Share this post


Link to post
schwerpunk said:

And this (1280x800) came up for "worst doom screenshot ever."

Are those some sort Segway Zombies?

Share this post


Link to post

[picture no longer working]

This is a second pwad which happened to show these super tall sky errors
(port: Gzdoom,pwad: a taste for blood, map04)

Share this post


Link to post

The more I click on ImageShack links, the more I hate them. What I hate most about them, are images which are not to be zoomed, but a zoom feature is still displayed, and all it does is opening ad popups.

Share this post


Link to post
schwerpunk said:

COOL!

Looks like he has a Computer Area Map on his shoulder, heh. Also, I really like that wall texture, like, a lot. Where's it from?


Playstation Doom.

Share this post


Link to post
scalliano said:

[/IMG]
"Sarge is coming for you ..."


Sabaoth, right? :P

Share this post


Link to post
schwerpunk said:

EDIT: And this (1280x800) came up for "worst doom screenshot ever." Honestly, I've seen worse. Anyway, after this little crap intermission, I'll let you guys get back to posting things people actually want to see.

Hehe, gang-bath of tho' :D

Share this post


Link to post

This is for my HYMN submission.



(Also, I've finally posted images in this thread!).

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome. :)

And good work, just the right level of brightness to use the raycasting for additional creepiness.

Share this post


Link to post
LigH said:

Welcome. :)

And good work, just the right level of brightness to use the raycasting for additional creepiness.


Hey, thanks a lot!, although the lighting in the last shot is not finished yet.

Share this post


Link to post
This topic is now closed to further replies.