Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemniomega

Doom Connector 4

Doom Connector is back! This time with more support, a faster server, and nazi-less moderation. The new gamemodes are also supported! We're even getting masterservers(coming soon)!

This is a press release and doesn't include some of the items listed above.
It will auto update once they are released.

http://doomconnector.co.nr/

Yeah. ALMOST bugless, mapping tournaments and a new update app (because the old one was WAY too complicated).
Basically, it's the same code, but a better line of bug fixes. The only known bug is location in the buddies list. It cuts off most of the location and shows the last letters. It's being fixed though.

How did you get the source code? Do you even have the right to do this seeing as you never owned it?

I'm sure I gave out the source code at some point, years ago. It is unfortunate that you had to keep the name Doom Connector 4, but I suppose it is logical. Just for the record: I have got nothing to do with this, these are not my actions and I don't want to have anything to do with this. I do not support you, don't come to me for questions. That is all, good luck.

Oh one more piece of 'advice' before I step aside, stand ashore and watch:

If it doesn't automatically download the official commercial doom2.wad for free, it sucks and you won't get any players.

I give this one month. If you have a glorious user base playing games by then I will salute you. And that doesn't mean 10 players. Players are counted per day using the average over 24 hours. And idle users don't count.

Also:

heh

You want crashes? Use putty to open a telnet connection to the server on the port it uses. It worked on Doom Connector, Skulltag Online, Player Connector and probably this.

Well it seems that some of the Player Connector staff decided to terrorize the DC community by hacking their client code and admin-ing themselves in an attempt to stop any competition. I'm sorry to say that it didn't work. We're now completely recoding our client to encrypt code and ultimately show them the steps to demise. It's not their code anymore, so bear with me. DC4 will be back... forevermore. You're on, Zap610! I feel sorry for you. Meh!

Zemniomega said:

We're now completely recoding our client to encrypt code and ultimately show them the steps to demise. It's not their code anymore, so bear with me. DC4 will be back... forevermore. You're on, Zap610! I feel sorry for you. Meh!

Ahahahahahahhaha what

I'm still using some of the code... More of optimizing it, really. Basically just the protocols and the netcode. No need to laugh. It'll be back. I'm working real hard on it with the team. The Player Connector staff can just stick it in their bongs and smoke it.
Edit: It's fucking long! Gonna take awhile, but I'm stronger than giving up.

Yeah, I'm at school during the day. Besides, someone posted how to attack it anyway so I suggest you sharpen your detective skills.

Since I am the current owner of Player Connector since Dagger is away, I found myself needing to post here.

"Doom Connector 4" is not supported by any of the Player Connector staff and was used without our permission. The real story is that CodeImp gave the source code to Dagger, CodeImp signed away all rights to Dagger, and Dagger legally copyrighted Player Connector by himself. At the same time, we became partners.

I realize that Player Connector 2 is not working very well at the moment and that you saw it necessary to start this service, but even though CodeImp gave you the source and doesn't even remember doing it (I still have no idea why he did this), I suggested that you take the client down because nobody asked for permission.

I still don't support this client, but we made a deal, either Dagger returns to fix the server once and for all and you have to shut it down, or I finish making our newest version available at http://pchost.dyndns.org/phpbb3/index.php under Announcements and you have to take it down. Therefore, we'll see what happens.

P.S. You have no idea what your getting yourself into. I decided not to code PC 2 and fix any bugs because it would take away from PC 3 development. I still hold true to that statement to this day and suggest you take the server down and let the code die. BTW, that code is most likely 8 YEARS OLD NOW!!! It isn't going to last forever and will most likely die no matter what improvements you try to make.

I say the same as CodeImp, I give you a month to produce something shiny out of the source code you have...

P.P.S. You also shouldn't take this service quite seriously either, you have no plans on who to make moderators plus everyone has acted like children on your client who are moderators and only plan on using the service to mess around.

Since I am the current owner of Player Connector since Dagger is away, I found myself needing to post here.

Correction, Owner of Player Connector 3--which is from scratch and has no relation to Doom Connector source code.

"Doom Connector 4" is not supported by any of the Player Connector staff and was used without our permission. The real story is that CodeImp gave the source code to Dagger, CodeImp signed away all rights to Dagger, and Dagger legally copyrighted Player Connector by himself. At the same time, we became partners.

Correction, Doom Connector 4 was also legally announced on Doom Wiki by Pascal himself, please visit the site and read the discussion section for proof. Dagger does not own the code as he never created it. CodeImp is the soul owner whether he accepts to take responsibility for it or not. If he doesn't he must delete the source and ask anyone who owns it to remove it from existence!

I realize that Player Connector 2 is not working very well at the moment and that you saw it necessary to start this service, but even though CodeImp gave you the source and doesn't even remember doing it (I still have no idea why he did this), I suggested that you take the client down because nobody asked for permission.

Correction, the source was given legitly, you no longer care about PC2 as far as I am concerned, neither do you have right to order what we should or not do. You take care of your source code, and we will take care of ours. If you have problems talk to a lawyer if you want to bet your money on it.

I still don't support this client, but we made a deal, either Dagger returns to fix the server once and for all and you have to shut it down, or I finish making our newest version available at http://pchost.dyndns.org/phpbb3/index.php under Announcements and you have to take it down. Therefore, we'll see what happens.

No one asks you to support. We make no deal, Dagger can do what he wants, we do what we want. You have no power over this situation as far as I am concerned. You also are making PC3 which is nothing compared to DC4, so I see no legit problem.

P.S. You have no idea what your getting yourself into. I decided not to code PC 2 and fix any bugs because it would take away from PC 3 development. I still hold true to that statement to this day and suggest you take the server down and let the code die. BTW, that code is most likely 8 YEARS OLD NOW!!! It isn't going to last forever and will most likely die no matter what improvements you try to make.

We are not meddling, you are. I be sure to keep the source for safe keeping from Zemni.

I say the same as CodeImp, I give you a month to produce something shiny out of the source code you have...

Bull.

P.P.S. You also shouldn't take this service quite seriously either, you have no plans on who to make moderators plus everyone has acted like children on your client who are moderators and only plan on using the service to mess around.

Then why are you even attacking us if we are so UNORGANIZED. Zemni is doing his best but you can't even control your hackers, your members for the sake of this.

Additional Comments From Others...

Zorcher you claim you dont want DC4 around, but yet you do nothing about the flaws it has, namely:

1) LACK of masterserver support
2) Unreliable Host (aka.Dagger)
3) Staff who like to target other peoples work (aka. DC4)

CodeImp created DC, if Dagger decided to remake it into PC2, it is no longer DC code, its a totally new product.

PC2 sucks, and until you get a reliable host and masters (which DC4 are planning on BOTH) you wont get any new members using your product.

Also, I have had comments myself that have been positive regarding DC4, quite a few members of it have thanked us for bringing it back.

So before you get off your tree, Look around and think which would you choose..

PC2 = not being worked on, laggy as fuck + offline 99% of the time
DC4 = being worked on, better staff, and soon masterservers?

HA!

Stop telling each other what to do.

Several people have the Doom Connector 3 source code and no-one can tell the other what his/her restrictions are. Each can do as they like, there is not even a license attached to it.

The real Doom Connector 4 source which I wrote (but never finished), was a rewrite from scratch in C# and it was only given to Dagger/Zorcher. Only Dagger, Zorcher and me have that code and again: we each may decide for ourselves what to do with our copy.

Anonymous2008 said:

Correction, Owner of Player Connector 3--which is from scratch and has no relation to Doom Connector source code.

I guess you didn't understand what I meant when I said that Dagger and I are partners. It goes like this: if Dagger dies or is unavailable when a certain situation arises, that means I am next in command and decide for myself what is the best course of action. Since Dagger owns the Player Connector 2 source code because he acquired the rights and copyrighted it, and Dagger gave FULL responsibility to me to program Player Connector 3, and he is currently unavailable, I own the rights to both products and make all the decisions until he returns.

Anonymous2008 said:

Correction, Doom Connector 4 was also legally announced on Doom Wiki by Pascal himself, please visit the site and read the discussion section for proof. Dagger does not own the code as he never created it. CodeImp is the soul owner whether he accepts to take responsibility for it or not. If he doesn't he must delete the source and ask anyone who owns it to remove it from existence!

"Doom Connector 4" means Zemni's fake Doom Connector client, not the program that I am developing, you didn't understand that either I take it. CodeImp did the same with that product, it was a pre-alpha, never released, but he signed away all rights to Dagger and Dagger gave it to me.

Anonymous2008 said:

Correction, the source was given legitly, you no longer care about PC2 as far as I am concerned, neither do you have right to order what we should or not do. You take care of your source code, and we will take care of ours. If you have problems talk to a lawyer if you want to bet your money on it.

You simply don't understand. When you sign away all rights and basically say, "This is your source code now, I have no responsibility anymore and I don't want to be." legally CodeImp is required to destroy ALL copies of his existing source code or not allow it to be distributed. Therefore, since we did not give you the source ourselves or approve CodeImp to hand the source to you, you legally have no right to modify or attempt to use the source code for your own benefits.

Anonymous2008 said:

No one asks you to support. We make no deal, Dagger can do what he wants, we do what we want. You have no power over this situation as far as I am concerned. You also are making PC3 which is nothing compared to DC4, so I see no legit problem.

Actually, you do need our support. We own the source code since Dagger copyrighted it, since you don't have our support, I'll repeat it, you are not legally allowed to modify or use the source for your own benefits. You are lucky I did make that deal, but I see fit to revoke it now, none of you deserve the source code anyway.

Anonymous2008 said:

Then why are you even attacking us if we are so UNORGANIZED. Zemni is doing his best but you can't even control your hackers, your members for the sake of this.

I have no control over what PC members decide to do with their lives.

Anonymous2008 said:

Zorcher you claim you dont want DC4 around, but yet you do nothing about the flaws it has, namely:

1) LACK of masterserver support
2) Unreliable Host (aka.Dagger)
3) Staff who like to target other peoples work (aka. DC4)

None of our staff is attacking your client, frankly I'm the only one moderating it now. Also, I mentioned that I don't work on the source code for a reason, we're making a new one completely revamped and working on the old code would only waste time. Your also wrong about trying to fix the host, I've BEEN trying to contact Dagger and even his son to get to fix the host and I keep bugging him about it, but he never shows.

Anonymous2008 said:

CodeImp created DC, if Dagger decided to remake it into PC2, it is no longer DC code, its a totally new product.

Ah, I see... that's totally logical!
Not really, I can contradict that statement so fast...
Your equating slapping a new name on an existing product to making a new product. Guess what: If a product uses 90%+ of the original source code, its not a new product.
Using your logic, if I edited Microsoft Word and change it to the name 'Zorcher Editor' and released it, I would be allowed to sell or promote it because its all new code. Guess what, I would be sued instead as the new end result uses either PART or ALL of the previous source code to function.

Anonymous2008 said:

PC2 sucks, and until you get a reliable host and masters (which DC4 are planning on BOTH) you wont get any new members using your product.

Also, I have had comments myself that have been positive regarding DC4, quite a few members of it have thanked us for bringing it back.

So before you get off your tree, Look around and think which would you choose..

PC2 = not being worked on, laggy as fuck + offline 99% of the time
DC4 = being worked on, better staff, and soon masterservers?

HA!

I already told you that I know PC 2 isn't working well, but I can't do anything about it since Dagger has all responsibility towards hosting the server and the site. Until I get him to come online, I'm barred from access.

"DC4" doesn't have better staff, I've seen your abuse, I've NEVER abused any of the features that PC 2 has to my own benefit. I was also insulted by the nazi-less moderation comment because I am now mainly the only one hosting the product and you say I'm not doing a good job. If you think your so good at it, your already doing a poor job by not being able to identify who's attacking your service, and you haven't fixed the problem either. You also can't control your own temper and insult anyone you think is crashing your service. That's not the look of a professional moderator, that's the look of a child who isn't getting their way.

I have no idea who's attacking your service, but if they want to and no mention of it is included on the products that I own, then it's not my problem.

For the record, Anonymous2008 = Marcus. I guess this is his way of feeling big.

Please don't use this forum as the battleground for vendettas that started somewhere else.