Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
40oz

Radius_Quake for weapons

I've been playing around with this and can't seem to get this to work. In Decorate, I copied and pasted the decorate mechanics of all the firearms, and within each firing state, I threw in another state that uses the same sprites but has 0 duration, gave it a radius quake, but there is no shaking when I fire the weapon.

I've gotten the radius quake to work with barrels. I can't seem to get it to work with rockets, not sure why. But I think it has something to do with weapons not actually being in-game actors occupying a space in the map. Is there a way I can get the screen to shake everytime I fire a weapon?

JohnnyRancid said:

Is there a way I can get the screen to shake everytime I fire a weapon?

That sounds incredibly irritating.

I don't know DECORATE, but maybe the duration should be longer than 0?

Radius quake can certainly work on a weapon - because I just tried it and it was fine. It worked both on a frame with a duration of 4 and one with a duration of 0 in the fire state. So, without seeing your code, I can't tell why yours isn't working but you must be doing something wrong because it can work.

If you post your code I, or someone else, might be able to figure out what the problem is.

Radius_Quake is an ACS command, not a DECORATE action.

DECORATE actions are usually confined to the DECORATE object, whereas ACS commands affect the whole map.

I have good enough knowledge about DECORATE, at least to solve your DECORATE-related problems. If you could post your DECORATE code, I'll try and find out the problem.

Dgon92 said:

Radius_Quake is an ACS command, not a DECORATE action.

Many ACS commands can be used with DECORATE. Radius_Quake is one of them.

[edit]

eg try this. Put this in a DECORATE file, load it, type IDFA to get all the weapons then type "use testgun" at the console.

ACTOR TestGun : Pistol
{
	States
	{
	Fire:
		PISG A 4
		PISG B 0 A_FirePistol
		PISG B 6 Radius_Quake(9,5,0,3,0)
		PISG C 4
		PISG B 5 A_ReFire
		Goto Ready
	}
}
[/edit]

Enjay said:

Many ACS commands can be used with DECORATE. Radius_Quake is one of them.

I already knew that ACS commands can be used with DECORATE. I just wanted to throw that in there.

Oh, and by the way, nice code.

Ah, OK, my misunderstanding. I got the impression that you were saying ACS commands couldn't be used directly in DECORATE.

Hopefully the code will help out JR.

Hm. It worked, but I had to reduce the intensity and the duration a lot to prevent getting a headache.

I like the results though. Is there a way I can make it so that my pistol does that by default, without making me have to do the IDFA and "Use Testgun" you suggested?