Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

Doom 95, whats the matter ?

Will y'all fucking stop blaiming DOOM/DOOM95 for not having all those additional features that were added in the ports?

No.

There are plenty of things to say against DOOM95 anyway. For start, it's for Windows.

And the problem with that is....?

demo recording/play does not work

AHEM!

Do I have to say it again? The -record command line parameter will work. That's what I used to record the demos posted at my Doom Station. Try it, just once, you'll see I'm right.

[edit]Oh, and the playback feature is not shot. It will play demos, just so long as they're in the same folder as doom95.exe.[/edit]

In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, I'M TELLING YOU FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!!

There are plenty of things to say against DOOM95 anyway. For start, it's for Windows.

Must be a linux nut.

I'm sure he was the FIRST PERSON ON EARTH to say that.

Doom95 isn't really a source port, it was contracted out by id to make a win95 port of Doom. It was made before the source code was released to the general public. And it has more bugs than the original Doom, but hey, Microsoft could say that one of the most popular games of all time could run native in their new OS...

I'm sure he was the FIRST PERSON ON EARTH to say that.

No fucking shit, OF COURSE HE WASN'T!!!! It's like saying "as so and so would say", even though you absolütly (heh) know that person was not the first person to say it. Blah blah blah.

Yah, well, Seinfeld I consider the NIN of TV, so be careful with it around me ;)

Yah, well, Seinfeld I consider the NIN of TV, so be careful with it around me ;)

I never got into Seinfeld, though loads of people I know swear by it.

Frasier kicks ass! Best American sitcom. Ever.

The only good channels on TV are Comedy Central, The History Channel, and HBO. I guess Family Guy on FOX is pretty good too.

Then I guess in my case, that would be a GOOD thing ;)

The only good channels on TV are Comedy Central, The History Channel, and HBO. I guess Family Guy on FOX is pretty good too.

Seinfeld is my favorite sitcom of all time, next to The Simpsons. But seriously, I don't watch that much TV anymore. Fox on Sunday from 7-9, and about a half hour of news every weekday morning. Thats it. TV just plain sucks nowadays.

RUN!!!!!! IT'S DASHIVA!!!!!!!!!! :)

actually, this is getting a bit suspicious now. We need a Dashiva device, an 'IP-torch', so to speak.

Don't worry, I'm not Dashiva. I just got tired of my old username.

It's almost exactly the same, should have made something newer and fresher.

Heh. Actualy I changed it because:
1) I can
2) I'm bored
3) 'danarchist' sounds kind of retarded
4) the_Danarchist is my handle everywhere else
5) My high postcount was annoying me
6) 1984 is a cool number to stop at because:
-a) Its the year I was born
-b) its one of my lucky numbers
-c) its a good book
-d) Its already about 4th or 5th in the 'Doomworld Elite'
7) My title was annoying me
8) Whenever I read 'Needs a Life' it reminds me of my crappy existance

No, by the time I get this username up there, it probably won't be in the Doomworld Elite, plus I will have earned my status and postcount rightfuly.

You say that as if there was something wrong with a little po-Lüt-ing.

I'm too humble for something like that. High postcounts make people look like spammers. (No offence to the mods...they need to be here).

well, if they can have a high post count cause their needed here I should have one too. After all every forum needs a little of MoSeS' MoOoSe.

6) 1984 is a cool number to stop at because:
-a) Its the year I was born

That's just too scary man. I remember you making a comment about how you and I were almost identical when I posted my "b-day" thread (entitled "Might as Well" or something like that).

Still, it's nice to have an alter-ego.

I'm too humble for something like that. High postcounts make people look like spammers. (No offence to the mods...they need to be here).

Heh, according to my postcount I'm the anti-spammer right now, how ironic ;)

As regards 8), you do realise your just 16 posts away from Needs A Job in your old account? Seems a waste to trawl through No Life and not get there.

Will y'all fucking stop blaiming DOOM/DOOM95 for not having all those additional features that were added in the ports?

No.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.