Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Doom Survival Kit

Well, Skulltag, Odamex and ZDaemon are pretty much out.

And as I'm a programmer, none of those editing utilities hold any real interest for me.

IWAD: Doom 2

Ports: Doomsday & GZDoom

Editors: Doom Builder, Deutex, XWE, Paint Shop Pro, Cool Edit Pro

PWADS: Doom 64: The Absolution, CIF3, Playstation Doom TC, Titan 1 & 2, Ultimate Torment & Torture, Ultimate Simplicity, Aliens TC, Deus Vult 1 & 2.

1. doom.wad

2. risen3D & skulltag

3. doom builder, paint shop pro, midi maker

4. i would take lots and hide them on the computers hdd

i know one pwad i would never take..... wow.wad .....

Jodwin said:

DOOM2.WAD - A safe choice

ZDoom and ZDaemon - Since I'd be shut off from everyone else, the only point (for me) to pick prboom is lost (which is compatibility). ZDoom's improved editing capabilities would be much more preferable in this setting. ZDaemon for its bots and multiplayer modes.

Doom Builder 1, XWE, Paint Shop Pro 9, An Easy to Use Midi Composer, latest Obhack

Everything said here ^^

PWADS:

Hell Revealed, Hell Revealed 2, Alien Vendetta, Clus1024, Deus Vult 1, 2, SkyMaybe,and... three others?

I'll play along so you know what things I like, but the idea of being forced to play/map for Doom all my life without moving away from it (degrading my physical shape in the process) sounds more like a human mental experiment than favorable imprisonment.

40oz said:

#1: You can have ONE IWAD.

Strife1.wad

No way I'll be stuck with Doom 2 any more!

#2: You can have TWO Source Ports.

Strife1.exe, GzDoom. Only these currently support Strife well.

#3: You can have FIVE editing Utilities.

Visual Studio 2008, Doom Builder, XWE, a gun, a bullet.

#4 You can have at most TEN PWADs.

Lamasery and those two Kaiser wads. The rest seven will be made by me before I shoot myself. Programming will extend my life a bit but what the hell. It would be like a timer before I die, if anyone cared.

printz said:

Visual Studio 2008, Doom Builder, XWE, a gun, a bullet.

The guards aren't as dumb as they look - you're handed a matchlock musket and a .22 bullet.

rat9514 said:

Registered just to make one post

I am honored that you registered just to resurrect a thread I MADE :DDD

Okay, going away from the emo-depression, I'm gonna say that it would be more practical, for one who'd spend the rest of their life mapping, mapping and mapping (for UAC) to have a venue to get feedback. Let them choose from a bunch of sites -- doomworld, zdoom, wadsinprogress, gamespy, drdteam and so on -- as well.

Doom2.wad
ZDoom and Skulltag
Doom Builder, XWE, WhackEd3, Decorate Editor Sharp, and Oblige.
Final Doom run as PWADS, UAC Invasion, F-Tun3.wad (would help with IUAC if not for the damn scripts), Alien Vendetta, Plutonia 2, Drown in Blood, Doom II X-Treme, D2X Gold, and Hacx.

40oz said:

#1: You can have ONE IWAD.

DOOM2.WAD (Doom 2)

40oz said:

#2: You can have TWO Source Ports.[/b]

Chocolate Doom
GZDoom

40oz said:

#3: You can have FIVE editing Utilities.[/b]

Doom Builder 2
XWE
GIMP
Audacity
LMMS
Oblige

40oz said:

#4 You can have at most TEN PWADs.[/b]

Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, KDiZD, AD1, AD2:Urban Brawl and 5 other randomly selected megawads, preferable zDoom ones.

I would build myself a doom computer with TinyBASIC written in ACS. ;)
Makes me wonder, is it possilbe to switch textures around with ACS?

EDIT:
Ok, there is Line_SetTextureOffset, that should do the trick.
One long texture with all 256 DOS Chars on it. :)

EDIT2:
And SetLineTexture....... emulator inside doom i am comming!!! ^_____^

Hmm, interesting thread.

1) PLUTONIA.WAD - I would almost go so far as to pick HERETIC.WAD, the only thing stopping me would be the dearth of PWADs. In advantage over Doom 2, it has some additional nice editing resources and will allow me to play Plutonia 2! The maps are more challenging and interesting than Doom 2's, anyway.

2) ZDoom and ZDaemon - Sorry Skulltag, but even your bots are just a little too annoying for my liking.

3) Doom Builder, SLumpED, Photoshop, Audacity, Anvil Studio - I was almost going to pick MSPaint (in place of one of the sound programs), just because it's my main PNG/BMP program and it's much more convenient for dumping and cropping screenshots than Photoshop is.

4) Claustrophobia 1024, Plutonia 2, Scythe 2, Hell Revealed 2, Alien Vendetta, Batman Doom, The Sky May Be, GothicDM, - Yes, Batman Doom! People have to unwind from time to time anyway. Not sure about the remaining two.

OK, going serious this time, I'll list the choices:

1) PLUTONIA.WAD

Good all around and not as intuitive a choice as Doom2.wad, offers all that Doom 2 has, as well as a few interesting brick textures, and much better IWAD levels.

Other games may have more features, but the source ports listed below make them work in Doom anyway.

2) GZDoom (for editing stuff galore and GL viewing) and Eternity (the port which basically made me interested in Doom editing so as to come here -- and still does)

3) Doom Builder 2, DeepSea, GIMP, Audacity, and Visual Studio 2008 (just so that I'm able to make my own editing programs if the first four fail).

4) KDiZD, ZPack, Vaporware, Mordeth, Millenium (assuming they come up by that time), Suspended in Dusk, Simplicity, Back to Basics, 2002 a Doom Odyssey, Heroes 2.

I'm indifferent on this list, because I'm by now more interested in editing than playing anyway.

In any case, it would be more practical to seal someone in for a limited period, during which indeed they can't get out, so they can basically concentrate on making mods, without distractions. Then let them out, not without paying them the compensations. Too bad that human rights laws exist :P

DOOM 2 - since most pads use that. also it has more monsters, thoguh i prefer ultimate doom's levels.

Skulltag - doom.exe - im just used to skulltag and it is the only port i usually use, plus it would enable me to still use multiplayer, even if it is just with bots. doom.exe for remembering what doom was to start with.

doom builder 2 - slumped - photoshop - audacity - the internet.

pwads - if i have the internet as a "editing utility" then ill just use idgames.

IWAD: Plutonia.wad. I've grown bored with regular doom2.wad.

Ports: Zdoom and EDGE (ZDoom for playing Wads, EDGE for the heavy, heavy modification)

Utilities - Doom Builder 2, XWE, Photoshop, Audacity,

PWADS - Aliens TC, Action Doom 1+2, SMWGuns, Plutonia 2, P:AR, Suspended in Dusk, Batman Doom, Deus Vult 2, CIF3

1 - Doom2.wad
2 - PrBoom & GzDoom
3 - Doom Builder, MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, XWE, Slumped
4 - Textures, NeoDoom, Deus Vult 2, Kdizd, Skulltag.wad, Alandoguns, ww-diaz and more 3 random resource wads.