Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

Triple J Hottest 100 for 2001 is in!

I mean uh, the fact that Linkin Park can be found there directly disqualifies the list to be anything better than printable to use as toilet paper.

Linkin Park is the best 'nu metal' band there is in most people's opinion, so it's hardly suprising they're on there if you consider the huge amount of nu metallers there are. At least Limp Bizkit don't get a look in.

3. The top 9 songs suck

Chop Suey, Where's Your Head At, Since I Left You and Clint Eastwood are all great songs, although imo only Where's Your Heat At deserves to be in the top 10.

4. Gorillaz somehow got 2 songs into the top 20

Maybe because they're good? I wouldn't have been suprised if their other single, Rock The House, got in the top 20 too :) The Soulchild remix of 19-2000 especially owns, but Soulchild does miracles - listen the remix of Wheatus' Wannabe Gangstar to see what I mean.

BTW, it shows the crappy state of the American music industry by the number of British entries there are. German ones too :)

Oh, and Faithless - We Come 1 deserves to be considerably higher than 98.

Lateralus isn't as good as Ænema, no doubt about that, but the fact that I'd say it was album of the year for 2001 says something about the state of the music industry...

Album of the year for me is Feeder's Echo Park, closely followed by Roger Sanchez's First Contact.

How the hell could I have missed seeing Tool - Schism in there? Tool are one of the most unique sounding bands around...

no ohGr

Yes that is what I would like to know...bah...this is a list for mostly popular/mainstream music...that is probably why...

Speaking of triple j, did anyone (from australia that is) listen to the Three Hours Of Power on New Years Day?