Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

DooM in Cube 2

This is not exactly doom-related, but maybe someone can be interested.

I recreated the first DooM map, hangar, in Sauerbraten engine:

http://quadropolis.us/node/2700

It was really fun to navigate through the original map in order to capture as much details as possible, and I think my map is quite similar to the original one.
I used Sauerbreaten textures, models etc.. as much similar as possible, and Sauerbraten enemies.

Lorenzo

Very nice.

Would be even better with Doom textures, I'm pretty sure that you can just drag and drop them once they are resized into one of the textures folders in Saurbraten, but then you couldn't release it.

Cool, I might test this.

How is the Cube singleplayer? Does it have a good set of monsters and weapons, or is it just random stuff?

Tetzlaff said:

Cool, I might test this.

How is the Cube singleplayer? Does it have a good set of monsters and weapons, or is it just random stuff?

Just a pile of stock monster garbage unfortunately. You can insert your own models and such, though. Could probably find a way to import the jDoom ones.

AveryMaurice said:

Very nice.

Would be even better with Doom textures, I'm pretty sure that you can just drag and drop them once they are resized into one of the textures folders in Saurbraten, but then you couldn't release it.

Correct i can't use original doom textures, but maybe i can use freedoom textures, which are quite similar ;-)

Tetzlaff said:

Cool, I might test this.

Cube 2 singleplayer isn't all that, mainly because it's underdeveloped and obsolete, though there is one good level in it (Lost) made by my good friend Redon, that looks awesome and like a well-lit version of Doom 3.
Although, if you check out the Cube engine from 2005 (available from the same website) the SP in there is a bit better.