Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

You mumble to yourself

When does the "You mumble to yourself"..."You've lost it..." chain of chat comments happen if you play vanilla Doom? In the source code there's a check there, "else if (i == consoleplayer)" that triggers these responses. The Doom wiki says nothing about this (I looked for the word "mumble").

Probably if you try sending canned chat messages to yourself?

I have never gotten this to work even after all other players have dropped from a netgame, so I've always been under the impression that it is broken for some reason. If anybody knows a way to actually trigger this code, please let me know.

I remember seeing these way back when I was first messing with dehacked. I always wondered what they were all about.

In a network game with more than two players you can communicate with a single player as opposed to all by pressing the first letter of the players colour instead of pressing the letter t. Player colours are green, indigo, red, brown. The messages appear when you press the key for your own colour (talking to yourself).

Yeah, this certainly works. Heh, it even works in 3 or 4 player demos, which is a bit annoying if you try to use IDDT to get a full view of the automap and the demo is from Indigo's perspective. That happened to me the other day, checking a multi-player demo. I guess that's about the only good excuse for DeHackEd's cheat code hacking function :p