Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

what should i get?

my dad gave me a good deal. seeing that i am going to build a new system anyways this summer my dad said he would take my current system and get me a new laptop in return. so the question is what should i get. i want a to get at least something in this range. 1.1GHz, 256MB ram, 32Mb 3d card, big hard drive, DVD drive and sound card. I dont really care what it cost cause i aint paying. however i would like to get the best for the cheapest. another note is that i DONT want a mac and i am going to load it with LINUX either way.

talk to kat if/when she gets out

she's got me on a nice p4/1600 - gf3 (or 4) - 256 ddr - mobo - case for about $300.

tho she hasn't built it yet, I haven't paid yet, and it doesnt come with hd, monitor cd or any shit like that.

I plan to put those in myself.

Kat offered me a system, but being in the UK it would mean a huge insurance bill to ship it privately :(

I'd go for more RAM and a 64MB card if you're waiting 6 months, should be cheaper then

sephiroth
God of Faulty Hardware

Heh.
Sounds like you're getting a good system, seph. Wish mine was updated, but that costs money, and money is something I don't have right now.:(

my dad gave me a good deal. seeing that i am going to build a new system anyways this summer my dad said he would take my current system and get me a new laptop in return. so the question is what should i get. i want a to get at least something in this range. 1.1GHz, 256MB ram, 32Mb 3d card, big hard drive, DVD drive and sound card. I dont really care what it cost cause i aint paying. however i would like to get the best for the cheapest. another note is that i DONT want a mac and i am going to load it with LINUX either way.

What should I get?

A LIFE

Always go for the local shop if they have a good reputation. Even if it costs more it's worth it, if only for the service and support advantages.