Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mithrandir

Pay for e-mails?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, my computer was broken at the time this was printed, and anyway I don't read the papers. Bah, not so bad, but apparently Another.com are charghing. I knew this would one day happen, but it sucks now it actually has.

The era of free internet is definitely dying, but the spirit of those who truly believe in it never will.

The internet will never stop expanding, much like population and the universe.

I used to be heavily into a MUD called Gemstone III for a couple years, then it went on the web and started charging. It actually got better because the population of newbies dwindled, but that also meant that less memorable moments occured in the town tavern. They've even developed a Platinum account that costs $80/Month to play in a world with all the original rules and only the true, hardcore Gemstoners....

Anyone here ever a Gemstoner?

I was most well known as:
Sylverwulf
and
Brombeere
and my best friends in the realms were
Knewl (before he sold his character on ebay for a ridiculous amount)
Maggas
Zmed

Try yahoo.com, I think they donĀ“t think about charging for their service in the next future and they have a good webpage with spamfilter, etc.

My favourite is www.web.de, lots of service, highly adjustable (but only in German).

and anyway I don't read the papers.

The Daily Mail? You probably arent missing much.

This from a Sotonian? SHAME ON YOU!

I've never heard of Gemstoner but I've heard of MUDS someplace...just can't remeber where...oh yeah, #doom, but anyway, I don't know what a MUD is and frankly I don't care, I have different interests, but hey, you like MUDS so more power to ya. E-Mail should be free, IMO, I mean, its pretty stupid to start charging WHEN THERE IS TONS OF FREE E-MAIL SERVICES OUT THERE!!!!!