Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Osiriss1281

Dark

Hey i got a question on the DOom Legacy port.. in GL mode, any way to make it brighter (similar to q3's r_mapoverbrightbits cvar).. i dont mean gamma or any of the odvious shit, but with this geforce card the game is PITCH black in openGL mode. So if thers any commands or patches perhaps.

Thanks and hello

i have no problems with my Geforce card in openGL. I also use that port. try getting/changeing your drivers or get a new version of direct x

im using Dx8.1 and i cant use the latest drivers since that brings my framerate to about 3 in non hardware accellerated games.(doom(nongl) q1 etc) But i did try the latest nvidia drivers and it didnt change... oh well =( All the id games are impossibly dark for me lol .. cept q3 with that cool command.Ill Stick with software mode i guess :P

I have the same problem with my GeForce 2 MX. nVidia doesn't bother offering a setting to adjust OpenGL gamma and you'll find that most brightness settings in games simply wash things out. Most gamma settings in games don't go near high enough to counter the horrible evil emanating from your nVidia product and devouring your screen in a haze of evil dark blackness.

Soldier of Fortune has a very good gamma slider, it'll go high enough.

The way I made games playable was actually a matter of momentary convenience. I bought a new monitor. Now, with all the games at their top settings, they're just a bit darker than they should be.

Also note how nVidia destroyed PowerVR graphics. Let's not let nVidia try to fold the gaming industry over a table and rape it. Let's buy different products.

Preferably, products that have a better feature than 'compatibility'.

Fuck nVidia.
Fuck Creative.
Fuck Gateway.
Fuck Compaq.
Fuck Dell.
Fuckity fuck Microsoft.

Basicaly, the whole PC industry is bullshit. You just have to sort through it and find the less smelly pieces.

I have the same problem with my GeForce 2 MX. nVidia doesn't bother offering a setting to adjust OpenGL gamma and you'll find that most brightness settings in games simply wash things out. Most gamma settings in games don't go near high enough to counter the horrible evil emanating from your nVidia product and devouring your screen in a haze of evil dark blackness.

Soldier of Fortune has a very good gamma slider, it'll go high enough.

The way I made games playable was actually a matter of momentary convenience. I bought a new monitor. Now, with all the games at their top settings, they're just a bit darker than they should be.

Also note how nVidia destroyed PowerVR graphics. Let's not let nVidia try to fold the gaming industry over a table and rape it. Let's buy different products.

Preferably, products that have a better feature than 'compatibility'.

Fuck nVidia.
Fuck Creative.
Fuck Gateway.
Fuck Compaq.
Fuck Dell.
Fuckity fuck Microsoft.

Hehe you're very right.. Im usinga geforce2mx on a Compaq! But i don't feel so bad since the computer was free (contest) i just made a bad choice in video cards then. The darkness isn't my only problem either lol - i cant run games or apps in 640x480 without an inch being stretched off the top AND bottom of the screens. DOH

I look forward to building a new computer soon and I'll be looking at all the video options out there other than NVidea =\

Maybe you should buy a mac...

Macs are in the same boat...

Basicaly fruity, fast PCs...

Maybe you should buy a mac...

I use macs at school 2 days a week...that is to much for me

Hehe you're very right.. Im usinga geforce2mx on a Compaq!

Wow. I'm amazed you could type that message before your computer burst into flames and seven winged demons from hell scampered out to molest your cat.

i just made a bad choice in video cards then. The darkness isn't my only problem either lol - i cant run games or apps in 640x480 without an inch being stretched off the top AND bottom of the screens. DOH

Your monitor should have an on screen display. You can adjust that. Horizontal and vertical stretching. You'll probably need to tinker with the position of them too to get them centered right. With high resolutions are the sides of your visible screen area straight or are they curving? There's options in your OSD to fix that too.

I look forward to building a new computer soon and I'll be looking at all the video options out there other than NVidea =\

Well 3DFX thought they could run the race without turning or pressing the gas. Hence, they blasted right into a wall from their own stupidity. PowerVR and their Kyro chipsets were really fucking amazing, but nVidia shot their tires out and forced them into a wall, then stopped, waited until they burned to death, then pissed on them and raped their corpses with a broken broomhandle.

Now, for the end user, nVidia and ATI are the only serious gaming cards to choose from. Go with the Canadians. ATI may not have perfect compatibility but the performance is quite good.

Now, for the end user, nVidia and ATI are the only serious gaming cards

Well in that case, I'm not buying a new pc anytime soon. Although I'm Canadian, I have to say ATI releases the suckiest drivers on planet earth. If nVidia ain't much better, what's the point? Add to that, you've got Microsoft and their increasing stupidity (having to call them up to get permission to re-install xp etc.) Christ, I have five figures sitting my bank account just waiting to be spent. How long will I have to wait before something worth buying comes along?

ATI and nVidia should both be releasing better drivers soon. Besides, ditching them just cos they're not perfect is lame. They are still the best, so bite the bullet.

ATI and nVidia should both be releasing better drivers soon.

Hahahahahahahaha, good one Pritch!

Yea deadnails i can adjust the shit.. but its a pain in the ass to do it then move it back after im done with my game =\ (sounds lazy but i dont wanna do it every time) No it doesnt curve around at the sides in any resolution.

Well in that case, I'm not buying a new pc anytime soon. Although I'm Canadian, I have to say ATI releases the suckiest drivers on planet earth. If nVidia ain't much better, what's the point?

Exactly. I mean, fuck, the ability to play Q3A at 3200 by 2400 in 64 bit color with 96x FSAA and 64x HRAA and 48x anisitropic filtering and between-frame blurring (how a tv's 30 frames a second look so smooth) at 582.3 frames a second doesn't mean anything BECAUSE THE GAME IS STILL A PIECE OF SHIT.

Add to that, you've got Microsoft and their increasing stupidity (having to call them up to get permission to re-install xp etc.)

Um, my computer just attacks the modem for like 45 seconds when I reinstall XP. It dials a toll free number so it's not exactly painful. At least the installer didn't crash on me five times like Mandrake's. =)

Christ, I have five figures sitting my bank account just waiting to be spent. How long will I have to wait before something worth buying comes along?

Approximately four and a half decades.

nVidia are going bust, belly up, dead, stay clear

nVidia is the number one company I want to see drown in their own shit. Microsoft is a damn close second. Apple is a damn close third. =)

Yea deadnails i can adjust the shit.. but its a pain in the ass to do it then move it back after im done with my game =\ (sounds lazy but i dont wanna do it every time)

There is only one of me, dammit. And my monitor saves the settings for each resolution/color depth. 640x480x16 has a different setting than 640x480x32. Every time I get a new video card or something I gotta jump through all the resolutions and adjust them.

Millions of potential graphics card designers are probably put off by being scared shitless of deandnail alone, let alone thousands of ...

uh, I can't be bothered to finish the sentnce.

I'm going to bed.

Um, my computer just attacks the modem for like 45 seconds when I reinstall XP. It dials a toll free number so it's not exactly painful. At least the installer didn't crash on me five times like Mandrake's. =)

What happens when Microsoft pulls the plug on the number say in two years when they put out a more bloated but not really more functional "upgrade" of the os? I'll tell you what, you'll be forced to plunk down another $150-200 to buy the new version whether you need it or not 'cause you won't be able to install the old version...(This will happen. I just know it will)

The only things holding me back from buying a new computer are the situations regarding graphics cards and os's. Everything else is fine. I'll wait a little while longer to see if things improve (hope springs eternal) before I hold my nose and make some kind of purchase :P