Sign in to follow this  
King REoL

What MONITOR do you DooM on?

hm, i think it's 19'... or maybe it's 17'... not sure :(

Standard resolution is 1024x768
prBoom resolition is 640x480

i like my monitor

Originally posted by Maonth

heh. My "ball shit mouse" has to be cleaned once every week. I wish I had an optical mouse.

I do have an optical mouse :)

Everything on my computer is fairly new, except for the Motherboard, CPU and Monitor...

Originally posted by SlayeR
I have a 17 inch Diamond View monitor. I have my desktop on 1280x1024, play software ZDoom on 640x480, and OpenGl games on the highest possible (usually 1280x1024)

When I get my computer upgraded though, I'll probably be playing software ZDoom on 1280x1024...

I'm already playing zdoom in 1280*1024

Originally posted by Fredrik
I play JDoom in 1600x1200 :P

If I had a monitor that supported it, i'd be playing zdoom in that res as well. No wait. You can't :P

We got Proview 15" Flat-panels at work, the sharpness is great, but the color and contrast looks terrible, and there's dead columns of pixels in 2 of the 6 monitors.

This is why I went the HP route. :)

You can go 1600x1200 on a 15" monitor?

Syncmaster 753df at 1280x1024@32, 800x600 for DooM. Source ports aren't that fast in higher resolutions, except maybe Jdoom.

Originally posted by King REoL
We got Proview 15" Flat-panels at work, the sharpness is great, but the color and contrast looks terrible, and there's dead columns of pixels in 2 of the 6 monitors.

This is why I went the HP route. :)

You can go 1600x1200 on a 15" monitor?

/me goes to where King Reol works, kills him and takes his monitor.

Originally posted by Zeratul 982

Get an optical mouse. Ball mice suck. :)

yes. I second that. my monitor is a 15" and is set to 800x600, and i play every thing that will run at that res in 800x600.

If I had a monitor that supported it, i'd be playing zdoom in that res as well. No wait. You can't :P

Ehm, why wouldn't that be possible?

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
/me goes to where King Reol works, kills him and takes his monitor

You wouldn't want to, those Proview LCDs blow. I should know well, it's my mom's monitor. The Auto feature on it destroys the image and every column of four pixels is out of phase, so eveeeerythiiing looooks liiike thiiiis. Besides it can't do anything below 640X480X256, has absolutely no contrast and animations drag horribly.

Mine's an awful Philips 104S which despite having been built in '97, can't do more than 800X600@60Hz nor intermediate resolutions such as 512X384 (I used to have a '92ish 14" Getronics monitor that could go up to 1024X768 non-interlaced at 75Hz, so I know what's good).

You don't need a 22-incher. It's like sitting on the front row in a cinema.

I maonth means he can't play doom at work

I maonth means he can't play doom at work

At work?

i got an absoloutely bog standard generic Hansol 500a 15" running at 800~ for windows and 640~ for Doom.

At work?

Get a job you hippy, cut your hair, go out into the world and make something of yourself and by Gott lose that bandana!! :P

Get a job you hippy, cut your hair, go out into the world and make something of yourself and by Gott lose that bandana!! :P

No dammit. My bandana is my soul...or something.

No dammit. My bandana is my soul...or something.

I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!

damn you. bohoo.

Don't cry! I'll protect you!
Fredrik - I'm swedish

i have A NEC MultiSync 3FGx 17" monitor. 800x600 for doom. optical mice own,i have a logitech wireless optical that i got for X-mas and it rules.

mine is a 72" Panasonic wide screen plasma screen, but i play DOOM in classical 320x240 resolution.

(if i stay really close to the screen, the monsters are life-sized !)

woo-hoo

barg, end.

Those Plasma screens run a fortune. :)
Sitting up close makes the picels look like colorchanging crates! :)

Originally posted by King REoL
What monitor does your gaming rig have, and what's it set to (rez-wise)?

It's had 3 of the shittiest 19" monitors ever made. The first was something by Cybervision. The afterimage was so bad I could move the mouse from the left side of a black screen (1024x768)to the right and still see it on the left side for about a second.

I sent that back and then got a Trinitron (model name; I forget the company name) and that was just horrible, first the display was grainy to the point that I could see the resolution grid of the monitor on EVERY resolution I tried, not to mention the pincushion and trapezoid settings couldn't even come close to making the display a square.

I returned that and tried a Samsung SyncMaster 955df which is what I'm currently stuck with, only because the 14-day return period expired before I could get the worthless thing back to the store. This is by far the worst monitor I've used. Not only does it have an annoying after-image, but images streak off to the right side of the screen (for example I can highlight text in notepad on the left side of the screen and see the black smear on my AIM list on the right side of the screen). To top it off, you can see the images being projected onto the BACK side of the display as well as the front. So if I open an IE window and load a black page, I can see the white outlines of the window "inside" the webpage. What else is you can only use focus on the sides of the screen. I can take the right side sharp and the left side blurry, or the left side sharp and the right side blurry. A compromise is that each side partially blurry. Same for top and bottom.

I can hardly wait to see how this monitor looks as a decoration on the Samsung CEO's head.

Anyway, I usually play Millennium at 640x400 (MBF's max size) or ZDoom at 800x600 on this piece of shit.

Originally posted by elbryan42
Fuck mice. Get a trackball. Of course an optical trackball.

Ugh, I had to use some guy's trackball at work when I went to fix their Marlok server from time to time. He had his hands in casts because of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and of course I always forgot to bring mice with, anyway he always got a kick out of my trying to move the cursor around and failing miserably =)