• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
King REoL

What MONITOR do you DooM on?

Pritch Sayeth, about Toyota:

and Toyota make sewing machines.

They also make modular housing, believe it or not (Japan only).

It's funny how many companies like Toyota and Honda make industrial machinery. Hitachi makes great High-Hoes.

I've got a 19" Cicero that actually works really well. Heh, my freind has an old 19" that I swear to god is almost too heavy for one person to lift. I'm pretty sure it's lined with 2 inches of lead. :-)

I'm in 1280x1024 on a 17 inch bitch all the time. It's the only way, I tried going down to 1024x768 with a higher refresh rate, but I don't think it's worth it.

I used to doom on a super fuzzy packard bell 13" montio (yes i know pb suxs, but it was just the monitor and i got it for next to nothing)

Originally posted by Derrick
I used to doom on a super fuzzy packard bell 13" montio (yes i know pb suxs, but it was just the monitor and i got it for next to nothing)

Heh, there was one time some idiot exploded one of those neon penis toys with the purple/silver liquid inside and some of it landed in my old monitor and fried it. I had to use a PB 13" that I found in somebody's trash for over 3 months before I could get a new one. It didn't even support 800x600.

hahahahaha.....wow...

Not Cool Dude!
My PB Monitor had a hole on the screen and put a perment floater in my right eye :-/ Its not that big, buts its can be bothersome on white monitors.

and put a perment floater in my right eye :-/

Eh?

Are you talking about those weird black spots that kinda fly around every now and then?

I didn't know a monitor could do that.

Originally posted by pritch
Lüt, wtf is your location thingie all about?

Say it really fast.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and put a perment floater in my right eye :-/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>Eh?

>>Are you talking about those weird black spots that kinda fly around >>every now and then?

>>I didn't know a monitor could do that.

Yeah, my monitor had a small nick or hole, which the raster beam would shine through and zap my eye in one place.
Being that I was always on the computer monitor for most of the day, that was a bad thing. My new monitor is much nicer. I got a clear decent 17" monitor.

Yeah, my monitor had a small nick or hole, which the raster beam would shine through and zap my eye in one place.

Uh, what exactly was the "hole", was it an actual hole through the screen or just a dent on the front of the glass?

Originally posted by Zaldron
More like a couple of missing cells in the grid.

On the backside of the display?

Originally posted by Nuno Correia
Matrox cards and games, argh :)

Heh, I got some of their video capture hardware/software. Aside from the fact that it can only record video with DirectX5 or earlier, and the videos won't play back with a later version of DirectX than 5 (on ANY machine or player), it's ok. Useless, but ok.

<< Uh, what exactly was the "hole", was it an actual hole through the screen or just a dent on the front of the glass?
It was a dent that went allthey way through the portective glass covering.

What MONITOR do you DooM on?

The one that came with my computer, of course.

No, in all seriousness, I have 19" (I'm guessing, but it's probably right) monitor set to 800X600. I play Doom at 640X480 in ZDoom and Legacy and about every other port too.

Originally posted by DooMBoy

The one that came with my computer, of course.

I ought to finish that pic.

Originally posted by DooMBoy
No, in all seriousness, I have 19" (I'm guessing, but it's probably right) monitor set to 800X600. I play Doom at 640X480 in ZDoom and Legacy and about every other port too.

why 800x600? them 19 inch monitors can go to 1280x1024 and some to 1600x1200.

We had 19" monitors at Honeywell (when I worked there), and anything under 1024x768 looked cartoony. :)

Same with this 17" flat-panel at home.

Originally posted by orion
I'm in 1280x1024 on a 17 inch bitch all the time. It's the only way, I tried going down to 1024x768 with a higher refresh rate, but I don't think it's worth it.

What is it with you high-rez power-hungry peons?

Oh, and the situation's changed for me. I just had to reformat last night, and now I have my monitor set to 1024x768 and the following ports:

ZDOOM: Same as my monitor
Legacy: 800x600
JDOOM: 640x480

/me is craving more RAM