Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bond

CsDoom Master Server down & some IDE tricks

CsDoom Master Server is down (at least for me) more than a week. Does anybody know who maintains this server - may be its possible to restart it or somehow revive.
And other party of this problem is increasing refresh time of csdoom servers in IDE. Because IDE cant connect to csdoom master server, it uses last saved list of servers (from IDE.INI). Some of these servers may be down. Refresh time of such server is nearly 3 sec., for 10 servers - 30 sec of waste time. I'll try to resolve this problem in next versions of IDE, but now you can remove down servers by hand: open IDE.INI in Notepad (or other simple text editor), find section [CsDoomServers] and remove strings with 'bad' servers. IDE.EXE must be turned off (or it'll rewrite ini-file when close). For example my settings now:
[CsDoomServers]
server0=130.232.21.67:10677
server1=130.236.229.68:10666
server2=130.236.229.68:10667
server4=194.177.125.68:10666
server5=194.177.125.68:11666

(Western, 2xJupiter, 2xNGI)

Hmm, I worked with IDE on yesterday,
but I didn't recognized that the
CSDoom master was down...so I guess
IDE used the servers from the ini :)
Anyhow, wouldn't it make sense to cluster
the CSDoom and ZDaemon masters?
This would be really cool.

If you run IDE and look at bottom right corner at # of servers, the csdoom number is grey, compared to the darker font for zdaemon ones, this means master is down and it's using cached list

Tnx. I'll check it asap, cause I'm on the move and have no access other than http and email :(

I er... well, it's not up and running. My bad. May I please live anyway?