Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
qoncept

Do pinkies hate to climb stairs?

I think it was on The Chasm that I finally decided pinkies seemed to resist ever changing sectors. I stood at the top of a flight of stairs and picked them off one by one without any of them ever attempting to come get me. What's the deal?

The ability of a monster to climb stairs depends on its speed and radius. A relatively slow and thin monster like an imp can climb stairs better than a comparatively fast and wide monster like the demon.

The solution is generally to make wider steps.

Hm, pretty interesting information. I always wondered this myself. Though recently I've been playing a number of mods that seem to fix this issue.

I always noticed this on Military Base, though maybe that was just a no monsters line on the stairs leading to the Blue-Key Switch Room.

In Doomsday you can set some compatibility settings that allow monsters to move around more freely and become a bit more challenging.

I'm not sure which of these two settings it is as they're named a bit confusing to me, or if it's combination of them.. but I have set:"Some objects never hang over ledges" to NO and "Objects fall under own weight" to YES.

Jimi said:

I'm not sure which of these two settings it is as they're named a bit confusing to me, or if it's combination of them.. but I have set:"Some objects never hang over ledges" to NO and "Objects fall under own weight" to YES.

These sound like they are Boom/MBF options actually.