Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Tango TV [BLOODSHEDDER IS THE MAN]

40oz said:

does my audio monologue thing not fit in with this? I spent hours on it :/

I haven't figured out how to put a baker's dozen OGG files into one post on the site. Can they be merged into one audio file?

Just catching up with these - really interesting to listen to, and it's so nice to actually hear people talking about DOOM. Excellent work!
I also like the format of the 40oz monologue - no banter, works for me.

TTV positively strafe-ran here to deliver you this next episode of TTV's Program B -- a casual discussion on multiplayer with head honcho dew.

It's worth noting that this is very much a layman's approach to the topic. Both myself and Tarnsman aren't very well versed in multiplayer, and I do a very good job at displaying my ignorance at various stages throughout the discussion and to varying degrees... but so too is it well known that multiplayer plays a distant second to single player here at Doomworld, and this is the something we hoped very much to address in this discussion with out limited base of knowledge.

If you're familiar with the multiplayer scene then I wouldn't hope to get too much out of this talk that you don't already know. If you're not, however, or are otherwise just interested in tuning in to a more focused discussion on the state of multiplayer in relation to the community at large, then by all means. Click the blue!

>> Download << [65 mb]

In future I think I'd do well to stand aside for an episode that focuses more on a topic that I'm less familiar with, allowing for someone with more expertise to step in and ramble on.

Anyhoo, the International Doom League is preparing to close out its winter season this Sunday, so be sure to keep an eye out for the time at which it airs, as well as for any possible streaming of the event.

Next week's episode (number 6! #5 is coming up in just a few days time.) of TTV will be focusing on Doom 3 and 4. What we want(ed) to see, what we expect(ed) to see, and how modern games could or already have impacted both the games' outcome and development -- and the playerbases perspective. I imagine there could be a lot of people looking to voice their opinions on this, so PM me with your thoughts and rants or if you'd like to ask any questions!

Alfonzo I think you gone done fucked up. After a certain point (when Skype had a shitfit) there is no audio from you.

I would be bored at this very moment if it were not for you interviewers and the interviewees.

I didn't have any audio issues at all by the way.

st.alfonzo said:

Anyhoo, the International Doom League is preparing to close out its winter season this Sunday, so be sure to keep an eye out for the time at which it airs, as well as for any possible streaming of the event.

Funny they don't have more frequent news postings on DW about the league.

DeathevokatioN said:

;)

And the megawad I'm working on I was only required to do 16 levels and I've punched quite a few things quite a few times, and snapped a flash disc in half and thrown it out the window. You'd swear it feels like a job at times!

Wow really? I'm actually having a good bit of fun with my mapping, I'm trying some very unusual themes and finding unconventional uses for certain linedef actions and sector effects that aren't used very often. I'm really proud of it. I guess my biggest gripe about Doom mapping I've got is that the kind of maps I'm trying to make take a very long time to craft, and they are a boatload more fun to play than they are to make. (The other night I spent 3 hours playing and replaying the few completed levels I have on different skill levels over and over) I'm not at all short on ideas though.

Hey, just wanted to say that I finally got around to listening to a bunch of these today and I'm loving them. Keep up the good work!

Just a message to say the efforts on the doom radio stuff (the show formally known as TangoTV ;P) is great.

Also - I saw it awhile ago but only just had a good look at the Twitch website (linked in the IDL newpost) and I gotta say the videos I found of Alfonzo, Tarn, Essel and Pav etc on conference were great as well.

Have you guys considered running a Tango TV session with video playing in the background? (either Alfonzo playing or even just some demo/montage playing that the interview participants could talk to). I suppose it might make a pod cast version tricky since commentary would reference the visuals on screen a bit - putting the TV in Tango TV!

Trav

ps. sorry Kristus but I LOL'd when I heard name recollection bit. Thanks tho :o)

traversd said:

I saw it awhile ago but only just had a good look at the Twitch website (linked in the IDL newpost) and I gotta say the videos I found of Alfonzo, Tarn, Essel and Pav etc on conference were great as well.

There's an absolute treasure trove of trash loafing about on Twitch for anyone who wants to watch them, heh, although the golden bits are often buried between hours and hours of quasi-sensible blabbering. It's both cool and frightening to read that someone has unearthed this madness.

Have you guys considered running a Tango TV session with video playing in the background? (either Alfonzo playing or even just some demo/montage playing that the interview participants could talk to). I suppose it might make a pod cast version tricky since commentary would reference the visuals on screen a bit - putting the TV in Tango TV!

Tarnsman actually maps during all Program B sessions, although it's clearly not in the ballpark of visual entertainment you're getting at here (unless there are folks out there who get their kicks from stringing lines together). Yeah, we're thinking up ways to either integrate some sort of visual element into Program B as a youtube alternative to the straight up podcast, or perhaps tack on a new, less frequent program that actually makes sense of the broadcasting title. In any case, I get the feeling that TTV has yet to reach its full height, and that a couple more formats and shows (not all by me, mind) might be in order at some stage.

Anyhoo, another quick announcement:

Skillsaw is happening on April 7th! Questions ahoy, ladies and men of the gentle disposition. We need them!

Actually I was wondering if there was a "mapping" tag in twitch for live streams of that sort thing... Lines! *shiver*

Q #1) Are there plans to interview people in the future who have already been interviewed?

I ask because sometimes it seems that the interviewers and/or interviewees try to come up with something to talk about so that they can get it all out in one shot. It kind of takes away from the natural flow we get from the rest of the interview. Plus I would always be interested in listening to some of these guys again because there is always more to talk about and more for us to hear from these influential people of the Doom community.

Q #2) Also, any plans to try to get some of the ex-doomers/mapers and/or the original ID guys on TTV or P-B?

NiuHaka said:

Q #1) Are there plans to interview people in the future who have already been interviewed?

Probably, yeah, although in most cases I imagine a good amount of time would have to pass before there's enough new material to talk about, since there would no longer be a need to inquire about the person's previous efforts or gaming origins in as much detail. O'course there's always P-B, where a couple of interviewees such as Xaser have already subsequent appearances and talked further about their experience and mapping.

I can kind of see where you're coming from with the point that some of the interviews have filler sections of discussion that detract from the flow and pace of the main material. Really, though, that's more because of my still-diminishing (hopefully) incompetence as an interviewer.

Q #2) Also, any plans to try to get some of the ex-doomers/mapers and/or the original ID guys on TTV or P-B?

All is going well for TTV at present, it seems.. there's no reason we can't think a little bigger! Definitely. If we manage to secure any high profile interviews or talks you'll be the first to know :D

Because I'm weird and went in reverse order I just listened to PB-E1 and the discussion regarding community projects/teams etc was quite good. Whilst yes, there are a number of anything goes projects which have a low bar so to speak for entry, hopefully this means that in time the community will have more map authors in general - who have improved of course due to all the community projects they have worked on ;)

Also the playtesting comments are so true - a playtester appreciation week(month?) is needed! Someone make a shrine map for Hawkwind, Dew, Memfis et'al stat (but make sure to remember coop - dew)

1994TU is a good example of the above points (playtesters, variation of maps, feedback etc) - one of my maps in that pack had me asked to make something for BTSX (the other maps I did would probably make me get unasked though *L*) It was easily my biggest timesink since mapping again outside of BTSX which has had effort curbed due to RL (kids!)

side-note: So I watched Alfonzo's playthru of Darkening1 and holy f*ck I totally ripped my own map off! darken.wad map4 has a spiderdemon rising up on a platform and so does map15 in 1994TU - seriously did not even remember that! both are fairly ordinary fights from what I have seen in playthrus so yeh, copied to perfection!

Bloodshedder said:

I haven't figured out how to put a baker's dozen OGG files into one post on the site. Can they be merged into one audio file?

Try this - it hasn't been updated for ages but works fine on WinXP.

GreyGhost said:

Try this - it hasn't been updated for ages but works fine on WinXP.

Thanks, but it wasn't really a technical question, more of a content-related one. I haven't listened to them, and I don't know if they can just be stuck together without context problems.

Maybe put a dm2 respawn or teleport fog sfx between each one? Maybe this is something 40oz could do and resubmit for posting?

Salutations.

"His Eminence The Tango has decreed that a new thread be forged in order to better accommodate for the project's growing popularity and output of material. Being an Englishman with free time metaphorically pouring out of every orifice in my body, the task has thus fallen to my sorry ass to keep the thread up to date with the latest interviews and episodes."

Please lock this thread!

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=1156672