Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Tango TV [BLOODSHEDDER IS THE MAN]

These are great. So far they remind me of the early podcasts I use to listen to with my other hobbies. I am loving the enthusiasm and somewhat unprofessional atmosphere here. By all means; sort out the bugs and kinks but leave the banter and tangents in.

i'm posting the slightly edited snakes interview but the sound at the end is still wonky/my voice is missing

http://www.mediafire.com/?4dig9efkn2yg9oe

my voice was just *barely* there before i did noise removal, so to make it actually audible i'd have to amplify it ridiculous amounts. will fix later i guess, but here's the rest of it for now

Cool interview! About time it showed up, too.

I was sort of hoping for questions from other folk so that it didn't seem as though I was trying to muscle my way onto the air, but thanks for taking the time out to answer some of these, Snakes. Much of the discussion was really insightful, and all of it was fun to listen to.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite forms of media. Doom modding is something I have always done in complete isolation, with only rare email exchanges between other enthusiast. Being able to listen to fellow individuals who share my hobby is very rewarding. Keep 'em up :)

Cool interview; it was a fun listen to have on while working on mapping stuff :)

You guys talked me up way too much though :P

Also finish map01

esselfortium said:

You guys talked me up way too much though :P

I actually had a moment during the interview where I thought, "Too much essel, not enough Tango 'n Snakes." My voice kind of trails off at one point because of this, I think :P

Seriously, though, your tips and stuff always come in handy.

I could have talked for two more hours about if I really wanted to. Trying to pare this down in terms of length feels like it'd almost be cruel. Hopefully some of the references will to BuTtSeX and UR will make more sense once one of those projects actually decides to exist.

I do so enjoy listening through these. Makes me realise there's so much more to this hobby than I've appreciated so far and probably ever will.

Great interviews, very intersting. I enjoyed listening to them while doing some stuff on the laptop.

Tango said:

done. sorry bout that.

No worries, and thank you. It's easier to find them now, and it will be much easier as time goes on and the interviews begin to pile up.

Listened to this last night, and it's great to hear other people's thoughts on mapping. So thanks for doing these. Being compared to Erik Alm was probably not the best thing for my ego but I won't complain about it.

And Snakes, I rely on a lot of rectangles too (see Map02 or Map04 of Lunatic :x).

I know, but many of Erik's maps were simply layered rectangles whereas you seem to mix it up more often and have better attention to texture alignment. Both of you are perfectly capable of avoiding that pitfall and making a map look beautiful, though :)

NaturalTvventy said:

It's been a while... any interviews in the works these days?

Things have indeed slowed to a soul-drifting pace over the last month, and although I cannot speak on behalf of Tango (we haven't been keeping tabs as well as we probably should be), I'm certainly in a position to put out a greater number of interviews what with the amount of time I have on my hands.

In any case, I can confirm that both Kaiser and Jimmy are on the cards for interviewing in the near some time in the future, and so if you have any questions to ask either of these fine folks please send them to me via PM!

I'm hoping to have my interview done some time next week. :D Should be great to answer some burning questions about me from anybody who should have them. :)

gonna do an interview with kaiser soon. was supposed to be a week ago but things fell through on my end and i was out of town this weekend

Hello! Just posting to offer you all a healthy reminder that if you have any questions you'd like to hear voiced for the pending interview with Jimmy, now would be the time to send them to me via PM! Here, I'll embolden the date for you.

Friday 16th 23:00 EST

Oooh, it's all big and official and everything. Keep'em coming!

TangoTV(tm?) presents to you an interview with a Jimmy: A James "Jimmy" Paddock!

>> Download <<

Despite my fit of 'ums and 'ers at the onset, this episode turns out to be a very insightful look into the process behind MIDI creation, conducting one man megawads, and other interesting endeavours. It's a treat I tell 'ya!

Stay tuned for more interviews with members of Doom design royalty, like Kaiser, Khorus and Kristus, and other influential pillars of the community whose names don't start with "K"! And if you're looking to be interviewed in the future, be sure to drop us a PM!

Another excellent interview! Is it bad that I'm a bit shocked at how many DOOM modders aren't socially inept recluses, and can actually form sentences and hold insightful conversations?

I must now dive deeper into Jimmy's midis! NEIS might be in need...

Finally got around to listening to the Jimmy interview!

The music bit at the beginning wasn't something I related to - sort of interesting in a purely "Oh, that's nice" kind of way - but once we got into maps, Doom, mapping and the community I was as interested as with all of the others. Jimmy's pronunciation of "wad" and "Gez" seem unusual to me, particularly as he's also British and I've never heard anybody from anywhere on this island say wad like he did :P

st.alfonzo makes a good interviewer, which is pretty handy as he seems to be the sole active one at the moment!

Looking at the list on the OP, I'm going to hazard a guess that we won't be hearing from Sodaholic?

NaturalTvventy said:

Is it bad that I'm a bit shocked at how many DOOM modders aren't socially inept recluses, and can actually form sentences and hold insightful conversations?

To be honest, in reality I am a tad reclusive. Truthfully, I got a wee bit jittery just before the interview, for no reason other than just talking to people is something I'm still working on... :P

Phobus said:

Jimmy's pronunciation of "wad" and "Gez"

My pronunciation of it as "wæd" instead of "wɒd" is purely to distinguish it from the similarly-spelt double entendre for penis. :P

As for Gez... sorry dude, that's how I've always said your username. xP