Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenriswolf

Hexen: Missed a secret level, now what?

Hello,
At the moment I am playing good old Hexen again. I wanted to explore all the secret levels as well. Today I did Seven Portals (with Bright Crucible) and Shadow Wood. Then I got a bit tired and dizzy and somehow forgot to enter the Sacred Grove (even though I remembered where the entrance is found) and just went on to Heresiarchs Seminary... I killed all the monsters and found the planets and when the room to the chapels opened I tried to remember what the secret level was and remembered a level called Deathwind Chapel. Then suddenly, I realised I did not enter the Sacred Grove and got very angry about myself. Is there anything I can do? I do not have any savegames anymore. and if i would warp to the level via idclev, all monsters would be there as well and i would lose my inventory. so is there anyway to warp back without losing stuff and all that i have managed to do so far? :(
Thank you!

I almost certainly sure that if you pass a certain hub, there is no way of returning to it without cheating or saved data.

Funny you should mention, I played Hexen today as well. Havent played it since maybe early 2003. I am a big fan of the chaos sphere. Always thought it should be in doom.

You can always move back to the hub (with a cheat such as changemap); but it'll reset it; so effectively you'll have to redo all of Shadow Wood...

SFoZ911 said:

I almost certainly sure that if you pass a certain hub, there is no way of returning to it without cheating or saved data.

I would even cheat to get back, that's not the problem.
If a player switches levels within a hub, the game remembers which enemied he killed and he also keeps his inventory. is there any cheat that is similiar to this behaviour? As I said, idclev resets the player to the "wand start" and all enemies and variables are reset as well :(

DOOMSLAYER
I am a big fan of the chaos sphere

I am always too slow to activate those kind of items :( Same problem with Disc of Repulsion, Banishment Device etc...I am always dead until i have found them in the inventory and activated them... Only items I really use are potions, kraters, icons and maybe the porkulator. But i really do miss the Tome of Power. While I do love Hexen a lot, I always thought Heretic was a bit better, one aspect of this being the fact that the player could use 8 different weapons and because of the tome it where practicaly 16. Hexen only comes with 4 for each class and since there is no tome, it feels a bit sparse, at least for a heretic geek like me :D
I am glad it was re-introduced in Hexen 2 ;)

edit :

Gez
You can always move back to the hub (with a cheat such as changemap); but it'll reset it; so effectively you'll have to redo all of Shadow Wood...

Oh no :( But thank you anyway...