Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

doom 95

Originally posted by deadnail
The only thing left to desire is weapon switching.

I use the same controll configuration as you except that I use the mousewheel to cycle through weapons.

I've got one, and it's like a little hunk of heaven grafted to your palm. One might even say that using it is more enjoyable than masturbation...

DC

I've always preferred using: Y=forward, H=backward, G=leftstrafe, J=rightstrafe. Why? Because it allows you more access to the rest of the keys than the WASD setup. For instance, with WASD, you can't use your pinkie for anything, whereas with my setup it can be used for Run or perhaps Last Weapon etc. Also, it means you don't have your left hand way over to the left on the keyboard which I find rather uncomfortable after a while.

One more comment: those that think that a keyboard-only method is superior have obviously never learned how to circle strafe which is nearly impossible without a mouse. If you can't circle-strafe, you'll never beat anyone at the higher levels.

That setup doesn't work with an ergonomic keyboard. And I use my pinkie for crouching and running.

DC

For instance, with WASD, you can't use your pinkie for anything,

Ctrl

Or SHIFT (for ducking, swimming/flying down, sneaking) like I clearly stated in my SoF config. =P

run? i usually set auto run to on, and set up mine like

w)forard
a)left sidestep
s)backwards
d)right sidestep

ms1)fire
ms2)
ms3)change weapon

spacebar) open, use

Funny, I've seen plenty of amazing wads that use Legacy-only features.

Yeah, thy wads come from Andy Mckie and Montgomery and are called
MYSTIC* and all look the same. About max 300 out of 100000 WADs at
[stroke]cdrom[/stroke] 3darchives are only legacy. plus those at jive's.

Disregard all I said about pro-keyboarding...I just got back from using a mouse/keyboard combo. I must say, it's easier than I thought it would be.

Here's my current config:

Mouse1 = fire
Mouse2 = forward
Mouse = turning and backwards
Space = backwards
Shift = use
Alt + mouse push = strafing

All this is with autorun on.

That's good, your only problem is that you need two buttons used for strafe left and strafe right, not one button for strafe on. Doing so allows you true circlestrafing and easy transition into straferunning and wallrunning :D

Stay out of map26 of Alien Vendetta with ZDoom unless you can kill everything really fast. =)

Originally posted by Liam the Bard
That's good, your only problem is that you need two buttons used for strafe left and strafe right, not one button for strafe on. Doing so allows you true circlestrafing and easy transition into straferunning and wallrunning :D

Pfft.....who needs circlestrafing? I sure as hell don't...I got back from a ZDaemon game recently and got lots of frags in a row just by turning my mouse wildly.

Originally posted by Crendowing
Pfft.....who needs circlestrafing? I sure as hell don't...I got back from a ZDaemon game recently and got lots of frags in a row just by turning my mouse wildly.

were you trying to aim?

AV map26 (and map30) crashes ZDoom because the level designer forgot to get rid of the unused sectors (probably because they were using a POS editor), and some of these unused sectors have tags that can be activated by lines in the level.

So technically it's not ZDoom's fault at all.

It's kind of like the bug in the original .exe, where if you had a line that e.g moved the ceiling, but forgot to give it a tag, it would move all the ceilings without tags :)