Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khojan

Android version of Doom: The Boardgame

I posted this in the BGG forums a while ago. I thought some people here may be interested too:

-----

This is something I've been working on in my spare time.

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZufQ_wDX1Yk
Screenshots: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152148096260150.916485.723840149&type=1&l=1e87263686

I'm about 80% done now. I might never be allowed to release it, but I'm going to try to get permission. If I can it will be free.

Looks cool.

Silly question: Why are you using a Doom 3 theme instead of a classic Doom one?

DoomUK said:

Looks cool.

Silly question: Why are you using a Doom 3 theme instead of a classic Doom one?

The original board game has that theme.

I'd argue the opposite though: I don't like the mix of classic Doom and Doom 3 styles. Pick one or the other (or better, add theming!)

I used to like playing Doom RPG 2 on my IPhone for a bit, and this looks even more fun to play. Shame I don't have an Android if you ever decide to finish this awesome looking project!

I'm not a fan (despite it making sense to the boardgame) of the Doom 3 monsters being sounded off as classic Doom monsters. Perhaps an option to toggle between Doom 3 and Classic Doom sprites would be a nice feature?

Hope you finish this project!

BaronOfStuff said:

Wasn't this game apparently near-fucking-impossible for the 'marines' to survive?

From what I've played of it, no. Like any game of this type though, it would depend somewhat on how evil your "DM" is. The rules give you something like 9 lives and once you get some armor you pretty much negate any damage from the lesser monsters. (Unless I've been playing it wrong, the only apparent way to lose armor is to die.)

Don't know if a Kindle Fire would classify as an Android,but I would certainly play it.That is if you can get permission.Oh,I hope so!

I would think Kindle Fire would count. It IS Android, though I understand it's a custom ROM.

My question about this is that since it's turn based, why not make it simple play&wait multiplayer? You can make your move and wait for your friends to make their moves and get a notification to pop back on and do your turn again. Could be fun! :D