Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

A Question About Automap Asteroids

I must ask something about Automap asteroids. You see according to this page, it was said that there was an idea for Automap asteroids where you would play a mini game on the map after you beat it, but this was never finished and this it was scrapped.

Is there a MOD that allows you to play Automap asteroids?. After all, the source code was released for it according to the page.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Is there a MOD that allows you to play Automap asteroids?. After all, the source code was released for it according to the page.

That page also says:

A copy of the file was recently obtained from John Romero. However, it is clear that the concept was never properly developed. Specifically, the file references functions which do not exist (presumably they were never written) and contains only some basic data structures and simple collision detection code.

It would basically have to be written from scratch.

Automap Asteroids was never really properly implemented. The only real "source code" is a small file containing a few basic definitions. The rest was never really implemented.

@Dragonsbrethren & fraggle I see. Well it would be cool to see a MOD made to play that unfinished game.

Obsidian said:

Ithought you were asking about automap steroids. 0_o

Sorry about that. I made a mistake with the title and I don't know how I didn't spot it at first.

Also, another thing about the page is that says this:

-The second trilogy in the Commander Keen series, Goodbye, Galaxy! listed the game as "Paddle War."
-Catacomb 3-D called it "Skull 'n' Bones," and the "ball" sprite was replaced with a skull.

Does anyone know if there are any videos that show these? If there are then I would like the links.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Does anyone know if there are any videos that show these? If there are then I would like the links.

Oh well, i found on youtube this:

No skull'n'bones, however, maybe i'll record a gameplay of that mni-game using dosbox (since i have a copy of catacombs 3-D liying in my HDD...)