Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lüt

"INSTALLING WINDOWS XP IS A BREEZE!", they say

Holy shit, remind me not to ever install XP!
"Latest and greatest", indeed.

Ahmm I usually dont post lol but try this install Win98 on your formatted harddrive then install from the cd and upgrade a win98 installation for a good XP install.

Some people dont believe in upgrading and want clean installs but this is the way I did it on my other computer and works nice btw, tweak all the MS shit out of your winXP.

bigbadgangsta said:

Heh, I remeber that. X-Mas ruled.

BANNED IMAGE FOR USE BY MODS ONLY

Hehe, found it :P

I love it, it has beautiful contrast witht he background of the thread.

Archvile64 said:

BANNED IMAGE FOR USE BY MODS ONLY

Hehe, found it :P

De-fucking-Nied!

Lüt said:

So was it worth it? To this point (5 days later), that's a big and enthusiastic YES.

Anyway, the irony is ...

... if you had installed win98, and then upgraded to XP, it likely would've done the patching before the actual install began, so would have seen your controller/drive ...

.. and the "upgrade" process eliminates old win9x system files ANYWAY ... while providing a semi-sane process to migrating old single-user files over to a multi-user setup such as XP uses.

... but I prefer clean installs.

I'll stick with my Windows 95 thank you very much. Well until I either a) get a new PC or b) upgrade this piece of shit.

fodders said:

See? I am old, I have no idea what that means

it means "that's off the chain"

fodders said:

See? I am old, I have no idea what that means

I'm 21 and have absolutely no idea what that means either.

DC

Goat said:

it means "that's off the chain"

Uh, and what does that mean? :P

Lüt said:

Uh, and what does that mean? :P

I didn't want to ask again :) I visited offdachain.net and it scared me

Doom-Child said:

Aren't you younger than me?

I dunno, how old are you?

Doom-Child said:

I thought you mods knew everything!

Some things we'd rather forget.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

I'll stick with my Windows 95 thank you very much. Well until I either a) get a new PC or b) upgrade this piece of shit.

What system do you have? And does anyone know how I can install win95 on a 20 gig harddrive or winnt4, it always gives me errors due to too many cylinders in my harddrive, when i try to fdisk it installed once but i could only use 8 gigs of my harddrive, maybe somebody knows a way, i dont mind using fat 16 partitions.

Doom-Child said:

Lüt: 21. 22 on Christmas.

Hrm, ok, I'll be 21 in a few weeks.

TaZeR said:

And does anyone know how I can install win95 on a 20 gig harddrive or winnt4, it always gives me errors due to too many cylinders in my harddrive

Uh, FAT16 will limit you to using 2.1GB of you drive per partition. Make sure when you FDisk it, you enable large disk support.

I had no problems getting Win95 to use my 34.2GB hard drive.

As for your 8GB limit - that is a motherboard issue. A lot of the older motherboards I worked with at my old job simply refused to handle any more than 8GB of space on any drive. There were certain programs you could use to get around this, but they usually aren't worth the hassle, and sometimes programs you'll try to run are incompatible with the way they trick the computer into using the entire drive. Just get a new motherboard, it's the easiest solution.