A MIDI song for you

I really liked it, one of the sounds you used gave it a slight Asian vibe to me.

What program did you use?

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you very much. Would that sound be the flute at the end?
I used the producer version of FL Studio, it's a pretty nice program to work with.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah it might be a flute, it starts around 50 secs and returns around 1:40, I'm not sure why it reminds me of Asian music but I really liked the song.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thinking it might be the flute, that's the only instrument I think would give an Asian vibe, though that instrument is only used more toward the end around 1:40, not 0:50, it could be anything though.

Well thanks a lot, feel free to use it for whatever you'd like -- map, inspiration, etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Very good job on this one, I myself have started working on music as well. How long did it take you to make? Currently, I'm finding it difficult to get inspiration for video game type music...

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you.

It probably took me about a week to finish. It usually takes me a lot longer to finish one because it's almost guaranteed I'll run into a composers block along the way.

It can be very, very difficult to find ideas and inspiration for music. A good method I use to get ideas is to play my piano app on my iPhone or iPad, it really helps me get over the block and get some ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
jdagenet said:

It can be very, very difficult to find ideas and inspiration for music. A good method I use to get ideas is to play my piano app on my iPhone or iPad, it really helps me get over the block and get some ideas.


Yeah I generally just play around with the MIDI notes on ableton, but I'd prefer a midi keyboard, it would helps so much.

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds terrific, my good man!

Some of the instruments sound almost "too modern", but other than that (which is just nonsense on my part), I could easily see this as being one of the favorite tracks in something like Memento Mori :)

as for the "Asian sounding instrument", it sounds more futuristic to me than Asian, and --- I actually love both!

Share this post


Link to post
gemini09 said:

Sounds terrific, my good man!

Some of the instruments sound almost "too modern", but other than that (which is just nonsense on my part), I could easily see this as being one of the favorite tracks in something like Memento Mori :)

as for the "Asian sounding instrument", it sounds more futuristic to me than Asian, and --- I actually love both!

Thank you very much.

What do you mean some of the instruments sound modern? Like some instruments do not go with others in the track?

Share this post


Link to post

Very nice song!, i really like it, keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post

OK. Smooth and relaxing C minor music.
Will you use this MIDI as any wad music?

Share this post


Link to post

Possibly, if I ever get around to making a wad to release that needs music.

Share this post


Link to post
jdagenet said:

I apologize if this isn't the correct thread to post this topic in.

This is my first MIDI that I am releasing to the public. I would like some feedback and possibly some tips on how to improve it.
Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?g4c6frsa1vm9o0k
Enjoy!


I love it!

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks a lot!
Very nice! It's good to hear more music composers join the community. :)

Share this post


Link to post
jdagenet said:

Thanks a lot!
Very nice! It's good to hear more music composers join the community. :)


YEP! When I finish some music I will share to everyone too.

Share this post


Link to post
actinide2k9 said:

Kind of reminds me of Depeche Mode!

Very nice midi!

Thank you very much!

massacrebosco said:

YEP! When I finish some music I will share to everyone too.

Sounds great, can't wait to hear it!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now