Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dime

Speed Runs Live and Doom

Hello,

This is my first post here so I'll just quickly introduce myself as a long time gamer who is mostly interested in RTS games and Doom. While I have come across doomworld many times over the past 5 years, it had been for downloading PWAD's or checking out the cacowards for good PWAD suggestions rather than the actual forums.

Anyhow, on to the main point of my post. Speed runs live is a website started up by Cosmo in order to do speedrun attempts on games or race them against competitors on stream. Occasionally you would see doom being ran, but typically it was doom 64 or a small race of knee deep in the dead maybe once every 2 weeks.

Recently, within the past 6 weeks, Garrison (Admin on SRL) started up an initiative to get people interested in getting more people streaming and speedrunning PC doom on SRL by creating a doom irc channel (#doom) as an area where doom players can chill, talk about doom, stream doom, set up races on SRL, coop play etc. So far we've had some success where we are seeing several doom streams a day pop up and more importantly are getting new players interested in playing or speedrunning doom. I know i've had a handful of stream viewers actively say doom looks awesome and are now trying it for the first time just from watching doom streams.

Hope to see some of you in the channel!

Server: irc.speedrunslive.com
Channel: #doom

Otherwise, looking forward to actually learn how to properly do doom demos and add something back to the doomworld community.

Sounds pretty cool! I have a bit of trouble committing to anything outside playing a little bit of single player casually, but the idea of live speedrunning competitions sounds really cool.

Hey this is pretty awesome. I've been practicing doom off and on for a while and I love SRL, so I may try to drop by and chat sometimes. Lately I've been really busy with work and my girlfriend though, so I probably won't stream much until I have more time on my hands.

Also my name on Twitch is Molten_

Keep in mind it may be a little quiet for the next 4 days with summer games done quick (SGDQ) going on but it'll pick up again after that big event.

Haha cool. I watched the Doom 64 run on SGDQ last night, and it was pretty badass! I'd love to see Doom speedrunning become a much bigger deal, especially with the volume of user content that's still being generated for it. I'll check out the IRC channel.