Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Zdaemon server ideas

Hey, I was thinking, we have the power now, why aren't there any Zdaemon servers running any Doom mods? You know, new weapons and stuff, maybe even a full TC. I discovered that you can use dehacked in Zdaemon, so I suggest somebody make a server with new weapons or something. Of course, seeing an entire TC would just plain rock, maybe Aliens TC (the Doom port-compatible one) on coop, it makes me drool just thinking about it. Oh man, that would be so awesome.

Yeah I agree ZDaemon and CSDoom servers always run the same
wads. Am I the only one sick of Dwango.
Maybe if some one posts where to get the mods\tc's
on the forums there would be more of that.

1. Mods are for idiots

2. Alot of mods tend to crash servers when certain weapons are used, i know this always happened when there was a server with twice risen up.

3. Players spend years perfecting there skills with the doom weapons and dont like playing with new ones, mods are for lesser skilled players such as quakers, if you want to play a mod a suggest you find a different game or play with yourself.

Well, somebody hasn't had his happy pills today, has he? I can't believe you would sink that low, telling me to go play Quake. I would, but Quake sucks, except for the graphics, so I think I'll just stay right here, if you don't mind. One of the things that made Doom popular was the ability to edit and change it. I mean, there are thousands of user-made levels and other goodies for Doom on ftp.cdrom.com, and according to you, they're all just wasting space because for some reason a true Doomer should have no problem deathmatching in MAP01 of Doom 2 for the 50-billionth time. I mean come on, most servers don't even run any other maps in Doom 2 even. They're all the same, and I was asking for a little variety, because frankly I don't understand the point of having 10 servers all running MAP01 of Doom 2 or Dwango 5. I'm just saying that Zdaemon server admins need to get a little more creative with what they use, because it's getting really old really fast. Do you even HAVE any PWADs on your hard drive, or are you afraid that they detract too much from the original game? I'm aware that some new weapons crash servers, but why should that mean that we should be forced to play MAP01 over and over again? Well, if what you say is true, excuse me while I go and clear out my Doom 2 directory and get rid of every file that modifies Doom in any way, so that no one can call me an idiot and I can be a "true" Doomer.