Blasphemer team wants YOU!

Quite simple really, a major part of the team has been inactive for a while (it doesn't seem like they're coming back for a very long time) and things really need to get a move on a little faster. If you can sprite, map or even test we would appreciate your help. Forums http://teamhellspawn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=15 graphics are the next vital step for the next release and I think it's a bit too much for just one of our members. EDIT: Sorry about this, but three/four active members isn't going to cut it any longer. The team could do with some more people in order to make progress a little faster.

Share this post


Link to post

Om the topic, was there any word on whether or not HYMN submissions are going in (and if so, how)?

Share this post


Link to post
Tarnsman said:

So um... what the fuck is Blasphemer?

AFAIK, it's to Heretic what FreeDoom is to Doom.

Share this post


Link to post

There was some talk of that, but there wasn't support for it, so they remain separate. Both HYMN and Blasphemer have distinctly different texture packs, so the levels are bound to have much different feels. While this thread would be served better in the WADs and Mods section I'm glad to see this post here, because this helps bring the Doomworld community into the fold about this project.

Share this post


Link to post

Another forum for me to lurk. Not sure what I can contribute at the moment, beyond helping Cire complete his collection of old versions.

Share this post


Link to post

Why are you discarding the currend wand? Is that because some sort of magical ring is required by your story?

Share this post


Link to post

Xaser asked: On the topic, was there any word on whether or not HYMN submissions are going in (and if so, how)?

Originally, I assumed that there would be maps that would be rejected and that those rejected would be used. The maps picked could be used as long as they were heavily modified, this is a free replacement IWAD so if it wasn't modified then HYMN would be rendered completely useless for Blasphemer play, (hopefully that made some form of sense).

Tarnsman (using a naughty word for emphasis) asked: So um... what the fuck is Blasphemer?

As a wise hog in the shadows said; it's Free Heretic.

Da Werecat said:

Why are you discarding the current wand? Is that because some sort of magical ring is required by your story?

It felt a little bit out of place for me at the time but I've since accustomed to it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, there is an IRC channel http://teamhellspawn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=372

GreyGhost said:

Another forum for me to lurk. Not sure what I can contribute at the moment, beyond helping Cire complete his collection of old versions.


That would be very helpful, thank you. I have contacted Jute as a response to the matter but I have not got a response back and I don't really like letting people down.

Share this post


Link to post

I was planning to do something, at least in the area of sprites.
Problem is I want to get some some sprite tools first and that effort is delayed by work getting DoomLegacy to a beta release.
I have actual work related projects scheduled too.
It will be a while yet...

Share this post


Link to post
wesleyjohnson said:

I was planning to do something, at least in the area of sprites.
Problem is I want to get some some sprite tools first and that effort is delayed by work getting DoomLegacy to a beta release.
I have actual work related projects scheduled too.
It will be a while yet...

Thanks, that'll be alright as we've been quite slow anyway. It's better not to rush.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, I really like the atmosphere in your mod, nails Heretic perfectly. Dark, foreboding and hopeless, just as it should be! Will we be able to use these resources in our own maps?

And yeah, I think this should be moved to the WADs section.

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

Wow, I really like the atmosphere in your mod, nails Heretic perfectly. Dark, foreboding and hopeless, just as it should be! Will we be able to use these resources in our own maps?

And yeah, I think this should be moved to the WADs section.

Thank you for the kind words, the majority of the credit goes to the previous leader Stilgar and his team. I just picked this back up as it probably would have rotted away. Yes, the resources can be used in anything you want which is another goal of this project which is to create free resources for anyone to use. I didn't choose the wad's section as it was more asking for help rather than creating a project thread, but I guess you're right as it is a project thread in a way.

Share this post


Link to post
DoomGuy2013 said:

I'm interested in testing what exactly do you do if you test?

At the moment what needs testing is some ports to see if they can work in them. There's not much major testing needed at the moment as some things are placeholder. You will need the IWAD from the project page that DooMAD linked there should be a list of ports that need testing in the section marked "wiki" for now. I think E1M3 and the DM maps need testing before they are completely approved if I remember correctly so things like game play, weapons, items etc would need testing. The DM maps (some more are planned for 0.1.7) would need multiple players for obvious reasons.

Share this post


Link to post

So, I've just played the White Citadel map. Man, these new textures are really really good, especially the stone ones. I also liked the layout and the detailing of the map. Detailed but not too flowery, it's great! Of course, it needs a lot more work but it has potential. Also, the growl those flying demons make is very creepy.

I would apply as a mapper BUT I am still a novice unfortunately. I am currently working on my first map (which I think is very promising and is coming along nicely) but work on it is slow because I have a very high standard when it comes to visuals and I am still learning the ropes/shortcuts. If you are interested, I will PM you an early version of it provided you do not share it with anyone :)

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

So, I've just played the White Citadel map. Man, these new textures are really really good, especially the stone ones. I also liked the layout and the detailing of the map. Detailed but not too flowery, it's great! Of course, it needs a lot more work but it has potential. Also, the growl those flying demons make is very creepy.

I would apply as a mapper BUT I am still a novice unfortunately. I am currently working on my first map (which I think is very promising and is coming along nicely) but work on it is slow because I have a very high standard when it comes to visuals and I am still learning the ropes/shortcuts. If you are interested, I will PM you an early version of it provided you do not share it with anyone :)

It's okay, I'm pretty much novice too. Anyone can contribute when they can. Okay, if I'm allowed to see it, that would be nice and I am not disrespectful to people and their creations so I wouldn't share it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
DoomGuy2013 said:

Id like to test where can I download it at?

https://code.google.com/p/blasphemer/ Sorry, I would have pasted this last night but I was on my phone. Bearing in mind most of the maps are placeholder and the graphics are getting sorted out. If you could make it to the IRC channel I would be grateful. #Blasphemer on irc.zandronum.com Internet Doom Explorer would be quite an easy way to do so.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok Im done testing it. It was awesome dude awesome job.Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
DoomGuy2013 said:

Ok Im done testing it. It was awesome dude awesome job.Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

So long? Heh, that was very quick actually. I'm glad it appeals but it shouldn't be at a completely playable state yet. Also, Stilgar(?) takes practically all the credit along with the members of the original team.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now