Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
codeslicer

Doomguy vs. Masterchief

Doomguy easily. Doomguy can carry around 8-9 weapons at a time whereas Master Chief can only carry two and most of those weapons are generic and weak in comparison to Doomguy's. It would only take one shot from Doomguy's BFG to kill Master Chief. Master Chief can be killed by two melee attacks whereas Doomguy can survive explosions, fireballs, being crushed and walking through lava. Doomguy can run up to 57 mph without getting tired or having to rely on vehicles. Master Chief can kill an enemy easily through melee attacks but a berserker packin' Doomguy can cause an enemy to fall apart with a single punch. And finally, Doomguy destroyed hell itself just because they dared to mess with his bunny rabbit. Nuff said.

I seem to recall there was already a thread on this a year or so ago with a link to a youtube video.

Doomguy. Thanks to user created content he's gone through everything that Master Chef has and then some... And he's been doing it longer. Master Chef is slow, cumbersome and can only carry 2 shit weapons. Doomguy is fast, deft and can carry the BFG. Is there really any argument here? The only reason that Death Battle chose Master Chef is to keep the young 'uns from getting all butt hurt.

I mean what can Master Chef do that Doomguy can't? Jump? Well, that's not been true since ZDoom (or before?)... Screw Master Chef.

Yep. Most definitely Doomguy, even though Master Chief's armor looks badass.

Doomguy has a heavy advantage at the mid range but slight disadvantages at far and close range combat.

I wouldn't touch masterchief even with a berserk pack due to his sheer reaction speed but chief simply doesn't hold up to doomguy's arsenal at the mid-range. With doom guys crazy speed, he should hopefully be able to limit chief's snipe potential.

Also jump.

At any rate, that old video is factually incorrect about Doomguy's abilities.

Vermil said:

Bake a cake?

That's possibly true. I've never known Doomguy to bake anything other than evil hellspawn. :)

Then Chell beats them both, because she discovered that the cake is a lie.

From what I've gathered, if you were to go by a SPARTAN-II's stated abilities rather than what the game actually lets you do, he'd match up to Doomguy's gameplay abilities pretty evenly (speed, falling ability, strength, endurance, etc.), but with a regenerating shield to give him a hand.

IMO if you gave them the equivalent weapon from each of their respective arsenals and gave Doomguy some green armour to match up to the shield, you'd basically put your money on who hit first. Berserk fist against a Gravity Hammer or Energy Sword would be a two-hit kill at most for either party. BFG against a Spartan Laser at any reasonably near range would be a one-hit kill (or mutual if the projectile impacts after the laser kills Doomguy). The real question is why we care :P

schwerpunk said:

Also I'd like to see people still making maps for Halo when it's 20+ years old.

http://www.halomaps.org/

Keep an eye on that site, I'm certainly not going to remember this post in ten years, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still going. Pretty much every game that had a mapping/modding community still does, granted I can't think of any as active as Doom, but Doom certainly isn't unique in regard to having active mappers long after its release.

Dragonsbrethren said:

http://www.halomaps.org/

Keep an eye on that site, I'm certainly not going to remember this post in ten years, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still going. Pretty much every game that had a mapping/modding community still does, granted I can't think of any as active as Doom, but Doom certainly isn't unique in regard to having active mappers long after its release.

Yeah, I was quietly eating those words immediately after submitting that somewhat catty remark.

I know most mapping/modding communities out there would love to have what we take for granted here - a talented, diverse, active, and attentive userbase. But that doesn't change the fact that are probably some Haloers (?) out there that are every bit as passionate about their hobby as we are.

Even if they disgusting console peasants. /Doomworld

codeslicer said:

A little halp. theres this argument going on about DOOMGUY vs Masterchief and I need to see who would win. HALP!

Neither is the better. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, though I prefer Doomguy.

I gotta say, that versus video is really painful to watch. Terrible voice acting and a copout ending. It's like they played Doom once and decided they knew the whole story.

GoatLord said:

I gotta say, that versus video is really painful to watch. Terrible voice acting and a copout ending. It's like they played Doom once and decided they knew the whole story.

Yeah, pretty much Death Battle in a nutshell. I used to like them a bit, then I realized it was more of a popularity contest...

The difference between Doomguy and Masterchief? When Doomguys kicks Hell's butt, every ally is already dead.

Though I fail to find a valid reason to see a "doomguy vs masterchief" turn into an argument.

I mean, it's not like it will change our life or my breakfast's menu.

Doom guy would definitely win because fighting demons of hell is 100% tougher than puny aliens. Hell can create what ever monstrosities it wants, aliens can't.