Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

www.idsoftware.com updated !

Oh my God. Before this the newest game they were advertising on that website was ... Quake 2?!

Oh God, noooooooooo they returned to the gawdawful colour of Quake: BROWN! Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!

Psyonisis said:

Oh my God. Before this the newest game they were advertising on that website was ... Quake 2?!

Not surprising, that was the last good game they made.

RTCW was ok, not the best, but surely worth a buy compared to other stuff that's around.

d0h, flathead, I was going to post about this..uh once I saw it in q3w forum :) anywayz, imho, its theme color is very much resembled as quake1, to me it definitely sucks, i'd prefer the last design, at least the quake2 shrogs logo looks a lot cooler than this one, except the idea of those organ-like images show a bit of coolness and scariness, however, notice the texts used on the site are hard to read :(

[edit]btw, ive just noticed something that is so not right, under Doom 2 section, in this picture -> , when did the sky ever change it to mountains on phobos in Doom2??? hmm? Am I missing something here? Hah.

Yah, the site is way too dark, even on my monitor.

Usually I'm the one telling everybody their screens are too dark when they can't see what I can.

heh, I never noticed that, is it like that on the doom2 box?

999cop said:

btw, ive just noticed something that is so not right, under Doom 2 section, in this picture ->

[img]http://www.idsoftware.com/games/doom/doom2/images/thumb-doom2-01.jpg[img]

when did the sky ever change it to mountains on phobos in Doom2??? hmm? Am I missing something here? Hah.

Uh, it's been that way since Doom2 was released - that's a pic atop the castle-like thing in "The Industral Zone". Obviously it's from an earlier version.

Industrial Zone seems like it would make a better hell-themed map than city-themed anyway.

Lüt said:

Industrial Zone seems like it would make a better hell-themed map than city-themed anyway.

The side of the lava moat that you start on is city-like, but once you cross it becomes more hellish/gothic.

It took me until Lüt informed me that my avatar was broken before I realized what that little blue knob on the front of my computer actually did...:P

doomsick said:

i'll be damned...this must mean the end is near...

seriously, id site updated, millenniuem comming out, what next?
/me ph34rs

orion said:

seriously, id site updated, millenniuem comming out, what next?

DOOM

bah, I wish they would come up with a name for it already, or better yet a new logo we can drool over.