Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ForteMP3

Is it just me...Or is DooM chat dead?

the_Danarchist said:

Well, there was that one night where a couple regulars to the Doom channels went and flooded a whole bunch of other OPN channels, so Lilo came to #zdoom and #doom and talked to kurtis and aurikan respectively.

First, he came to #zdoom while I was there and he just kinda told kurtis to watch for troublemakers. He said that if any more regulars from the Doom channels did any more mass flooding, he'd have to label all the Doom channels as 'off topic' and close them down. Kurtis said 'okay' and lilo left.

Then he went over to #zdoom and said the same thing to aurikan. Aurikan basicaly responded by saying that it was the fault of the #doom splinter groups, and he was backed by a couple of the regulars there.

The next day, the channel pretty much shut down, with a +m. Now there is some message on their proclaiming that the people who run OPN are nazis. I have no idea what the fuck happened, but those are the facts as I know it.

I actually went into #doom for that, I apparantly haven't been banned yet, so I have a log from that if anyone is really really interested.

the_Danarchist said:

The next day, the channel pretty much shut down, with a +m. Now there is some message on their proclaiming that the people who run OPN are nazis. I have no idea what the fuck happened, but those are the facts as I know it.

I dont think thats really the cause of it, we've been dissatisfied with OPN for quite a long time now. tom, mewse and arioch are running a small irc network now which is being used to host #doom.

'Limey' is also an in-joke. the fishes more so (Although I can't find the fish tank app! mewse help!)

I quite like OPN, although I don't tend to chat much anymore.

Linguica said:

Amateur. The heh predates you by years. The original master of heh was Cyb, but he has since passed the torch.

heh