Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Doomguy's haircut

Cell said:

Also, I've always thought 40-59% health Doomguy to be angry or in some other way mentally unsatisfied.

Thats my favorite face. The Nasolabial folds demonstrate some kind of a snarl. The damage-taken left and right faces make him look fuckin furious. The consequent damaged ones, his expression begins to look more and more melancholic and hopeless, which is also good for its own reasons.

CorSair said:

It's like the hair gel loses its power when he starts to move near death. And each medkit contains new can of gel to keep hair stylish as ever.

FTW ^^^^^^^

The bottom two levels of health looking to our left/his right doom guy looks like Nathan Fillion. Maybe I've seen too much Firefly.

Maes - I like your obsession.

Cell said:

Also, I've always thought 40-59% health Doomguy to be angry or in some other way mentally unsatisfied.

He's just squinting and clenching because of the pain.

A little slighty OT side note, I absolutely hated how a few of the console ports hard Doomguy's hair flipping back and forth on his head constantly - It looked so damn retarded!

Doomkid said:

A little slighty OT side note, I absolutely hated how a few of the console ports hard Doomguy's hair flipping back and forth on his head constantly - It looked so damn retarded!

AFAIK, only the 32X port does this.

printz said:

He's just squinting and clenching because of the pain.

That's what I called "mentally unsatisfied". But yeah, that is induced by physical unsatisfaction as well.

BaronOfStuff said:

AFAIK, only the 32X port does this.

Ah yep, you're right. For some reason I thought the PSX port did this as well, but it just smushes up/pixelates poor DG's face.

I'm going to shave my head pretty soon and my girlfriend has made it quite clear that I am not allowed to get it cut like the Doom 2 box art. Relationships are about sacrifice and compromise.

He probably just tries to keep his hair up using Gel or water or something, and as he gets hurt, it starts getting all messy.

@Maes picture of ending for ultimate doom

I just noticed that the shotgun he's is holding has no butt while all the shotguns in the game do infact have the butt.